TL-SG1024DE Port Based MAC Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-12 13:07:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought this switch because I was hoping to have my cable modem land on the switch on a 802.1Q untagged port so that I could have my ESXi host with only one NIC be able to 802.1Q tag traffic and have both my internal and external network available. The point being that I could run one of the next gen firewalls from ESXi.

However, what I discovered is that this switch is providing a MAC address on the port thereby stopping the cable modem from accepting the second MAC for the firewall VM and thereby not providing an IP to the VM.

I came to the forum to see if anyone has any ideas to get around this. Is there another way to configure the port to stop it from presenting its MAC but still land the traffic on the right VLAN? Do you think that going to the firewall and spoofing the MAC to be the same would work? If so, how do I figure out the MAC address of the switch port?

I’ll take any idea, however crazy!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024DE Port Based MAC Issue
2016-10-17 09:04:05
The TL-SG1024DE is an Easy Smart switch, it has WEB based Server (WEB UI), that's why it needs management IP and that's why it needs MAC address (but the mac address is not for the port, it is for the whole switch).

And I think the problem may not caused by the MAC address of the switch but the IP conflict. The default IP address of the switch is 192.168.0.1, please make sure there is no IP conflict.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 998

Replies: 1

Related Articles