ip pool for pptp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ip pool for pptp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ip pool for pptp
ip pool for pptp
2015-08-14 07:19:49 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:13:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have set up 3 of these VPN routers. I used lan to lan IPSEC. I made 2 tunnels in each one. A tunnel to each of the remote sites from each remote site. I can ping any address on any site as long as the device I am pinging has its default gateway set to the VPN router at each site. But when I try to set up a client to lan vpn I can't het it to work properly. IPsec client connects with an IP address on which ever router I connect to but can not ping past the router it connected to. It can not ping the remote sites. I also set up a PPTP server but the address pool would not let me use the same subnet as the internal lan address. The VPN_Config_Guide_V2.pdf said

1)The IP addresses in the IP Address Pool can only be in the same subnet with the VPNrouter’s LAN port in the latest firmware.
[SIZE=3]In the earlier version firmware, IP Address pool must bein the different subnet with the VPN router’s LAN IP address range.

The support people assure me that I am using the latest firmware. but I get "Operation failed. The IP Address range is invalid" the only ip range it will accept cannot be on the local subnet.

So after a PPTP connection I have to do a "route add remote subnet mask gateway" from a command prompt on the client . But still after all that I can not ping the 2 remote sites. I have mobile sales people that need to access the entire network (all 3 sites) as a vpn client. how can I do that with either PPTP or IPsec.

I also can make many PPTP clients by having several 1 address pools or hard coding their windows PPTP client
But I can't seem to get more than 1 IPSEC into each router.

Hope this makes sense

[/SIZE]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 874

Replies: 0

Related Articles