CPE510 often dc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 often dc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 often dc
CPE510 often dc
2015-06-26 12:51:56
Region : Indonesia

Model : CPE 510

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :
1.2.1 Build 20150522 Rel. 37412

ISP : Fastnet

Hello, I just updated my CPE510 to the latest version but it seems my problem is still around.

My Client device often to 'disconnect' to the Access Point for no reason resulting in loss of internet connection.

I hope the screenshot can be seen, the uptime is 2hours but the connection time has just resetted.

I wonder what could be the problem to this. My setting is using Test_Mode with max transmit power. Clear LOS between AP to Client. Using the auto detection distance, it is about 0.3km to 0.4km (I used to set manually 0.5km, same problem).

I wonder what should I do to get a better connection between to CPE510? There are some RTO's too while pinging to AP.

Options
9 Reply
Re:CPE510 often dc
2015-06-26 20:38:55
About disconnetion.
1-when you upgraded, you kept settings, reloaded back up or reconfigured
2-posted you have LOS, and do you have clear fresnel zone too
3-why you use MaxStream, disable it
4-WDS, enable or disable, do not use Auto
5-set your distance, don't use Auto
6-try upper channel, 6100
7-set WPA-PSK security, don't use it without
8-you set Max TX rate to 300 Mbps but you only getting TX & RX of 144 Mbps something's wrong, could be you set full power for a very short distance, of 300 mts. lower the power
9-are you sure the IPs you had set are out of DHCP pool from main ISP router
Options
2015-06-27 11:09:44
Hey Dany, thanks for the quick reply! And to answer your question..

1. When I upgraded, I resetted to factory default, redo the whole setting again, both on my AP and Client.
2. Fresnel zone, I`m above the trees like 2-3 meters up. I`ll try to do the calculation on that again.. or maybe I`ll just put the device higher later.
3. Why not use MaxStream? I thought it would help the wireless connection, as they advertised? I have disabled it though.
4. I`m not sure about WDS, I read about it, but don't really get it, not sure of its purpose. I set it as Enabled as for now based on what I understood.
5. Setting Auto I got 0.5km, so I manually set at 0.7km now.
6. I haven't changed to upper channel yet. I used spectrum analysis and got a good graph on 5840 Mhz which I`m using for now.
7. I disabled it because I thought it may help on the disconnection issue, but I`ll set it with WPA-PSK once everything is working.
8. I was trying to figure out this one, can't find the 'power' you`re referring to. The only power I see is the 'transmit power' which I reduced from 23 dBm to 15 dBm (AP only, should I reduce on Client too?).
9. Yep, I doubt the problem lies here.

With that said. I re-setup the whole thing last night and went to sleep and now I havent got any disconnection yet.

I tried pinging as well to the AP with -t -n 1000, 0% loss. I`ll continue to watch for a few days and reply back here :D

Lastly, I`m wondering what does RX rate means (googled around but still not fully understand)? Is it okay to be like this? My connection is 12mbps based on the ISP said (not sure if this will be affected).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2274[/ATTACH]
Options
2015-06-27 15:29:45
RX is receiving
TX is transmitting
Options
2015-07-03 14:15:05
Hello, I have the same problem with CPE210 with latest firmware
Options
2015-07-03 17:49:32

arisg88 wrote

Hello, I have the same problem with CPE210 with latest firmware

Don't high jack Threads, open a new one with your issue, you can't have the exactly same problem, and you don't have the same outdoor deploy
Options
2015-07-04 14:06:28
Arisg88, tell us the problem you have. Post in a new thread. Dany will help you there :) I will try to help as well.After a week of trial, I will post tonight (my time) about my setup & finding.
Options
2015-07-06 12:32:18
Firstly, sorry for the double post. But here is my setup after a week of trial using the new setup. Hopefully it will help others who have 2x CPE510.

Based on danymarc's post, better to set everything to enable/disable, yes/no or some other setting. Do not leave it to auto.

Basically the connection is set up like this. MODEM > ROUTER > CPE510 AP >< CPE510 CLIENT < ROUTER

Access Point (AP)

Using Test_Mode, so I could get the max transmit power and other frequencies. I lowered max transmit power because the distance is not very far (0.6km based on the auto setting)

I disabled maxstream, for some reason it doesn't work well with me. I keep getting dc as seen on my first post. After I disabled it, I managed to get 3days non-stop on connection time (could get more, but I restarted both CPE510s). On other notes, I tried playing online games with maxstream before, but I kept getting 'lag spike' every once in a while for a sec or 2. Now I don't see anymore problem.

That's all I think on my AP side, next is client side.

Client

With such setting, this is the wireless signal I`m getting.

May not be the best. But I don't get any lag issue and whatsoever with this setup. Internet connection works fine too from AP. My internet connection speed is only 10mbps down/1mbps up.

Hope this helps others who are trying to get a rough idea to setup with CPE510. It's great device and really helps me with my connections.
Options
2015-07-06 19:47:41
@sevenzk good to know you solved your issue
Have you tried raising the power to 23 max dBm
And, can you upload a screen of Client Radio Status/ right lower corner on Status Tab cause last time I saw yours was getting half of what should, don't know if is a bug display like uptime in firm 1.0

hosting imagenes
Options
2015-07-07 15:42:09
Hey danymarc, thanks for the follow up :D

I just raised to 23dBm on both machines now I`m getting RX Rate 240.0Mbps to 300Mbps. TX Rate is at constant 300.0Mbps based on a minute observation.

There are times RX Rate drops to 6.0Mbps but just for a few seconds.

What feels different from raising the dBm is that when I tried to transfer data from NAS at AP to my working laptop at Client, from 2-3Mb/s previously to 7-9Mb/s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2568

Replies: 9

Related Articles