TL-E604W - UPNP and port forwarding issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-06 21:39:16 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:15:03
Region : Others

Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20130116 Rel.52243s

ISP :

Hello,

I have bought this model a few months ago and am having a set of problems.
Both my playstation 3 and playstation 4 have been on restricted NAT access ever since i installed the router.
When i try to test my connection in each of the consoles i get a upnp - unavailable message,
also i cannot see their ip address on the upnp table in the router.
Other things work fine, my android based streamer and online tv services get forwarded without a hitch
with the service being recognized in the table.

The main issue i'm having with the router is LAG, massive lag.
my downloads go fine and surfing the web and streaming works ok (used to be a bit better but it's still acceptable)
All my multiplayer games, on consoles and two separate high-end gaming pc's is sluggish if not malfunctioning.
I can list here the games that are giving me issues but it's pretty long so i'll leave that up for requests.

I must stress that i have a separate box for the modem supplied by the infrastructure company,
and when connecting it directly to each of the devices or when telling it to be my router as well (it has that option)
i get no issues with lag or NAT restrictions.

The router is on default setting but i would be happy to share any information necessary!

Thank you in advance!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-E604W - UPNP and port forwarding issues
2014-08-30 06:54:10 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:15:03
Not to hijack this thread... but I am having exactly the same issue... (Same hardware and versions) I've tried everything... turning on uPnP functionality, access control rules, virtual server entries, adding the PS3 to the DMZ and none of it works, I keep getting NAT Type 3 every time I test the connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 1

Related Articles