an other thread on the CPE210 and no internet.

Sunday - last edited Wednesday
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

i've just replaced the point to point setup from 2x TL-WA7210N to 2x CPE210 as one on the 2 (the client one) seemed to have problems on connecting to the HS one.
what happened after that is quite strange, but to start with the right foot i have to describe you a little bit the whole setupcommposed by:
2x Eap225
3x CPE210 (3rd one is a simple AP for North facade/pool area)
ALL THE EAP/CPE have STATIC IP

internet is provided by a WISP provider with it's own modem/router (Fritzbox 7350),
from this I have a Tp link Poe switch (TL SG1005p) that manages 2x Eap225 outdoor, placed on East/West facade of the building
one of it's port is used for an other additional TP Link desktop switch  (TLSG1008D) on which the 2 CPE210 for point to point are in.

after struggling dor 2 days to have internet on the client side (other building 200t far away), i've read somemwhere that DHCP MUST be enabled on client's, did that and here you have connection..

But i do still have no connection on the AP one for north/pool side.

this AP, in the last 2 years worked also in combination with an other Cpe210+Eap 225 to extend even mmore the range on the farest point of the pool area with no issue at all (the end side CPE was set with static IP as for the Eap225 on the back of it).

3 days ago i tried to connect the client of the 200mt far building to the 3rd CPE210 (simple AP), but since then the no connection issue came in,
I didn't changed anything on it, just surveyed by the client and used it (the orientation of that antenna didn't provided enough signal, but I had connection).

this is strange, as if that setup was working properly for pool area, why isn't working with an other identycal setup on an other 210?

i tripe checked the parameters on that AP and they're ok (imho) or better, as nothign changed why now is not working?
i'm worried that if i enable dhcp also on this, i'll create a bigger mess in terms of ip conflict..

let me know your thoughts about this, why that CPE is not providing connection while, before being connected to the P2P client, in the same setup was working, and how I can try to solve the issue (for the momment i can avoid the pool area connection, but is necessary to have connection back for the smmart switches of the lights pole around the lawn/pool area, and for surveillance ip cams connected to it.

then (side issue)

to razionalize averything, i tried to remmove the SG1008d switch and use the 2 extra ports of the SG1005p to be used as POE, but those CPE (the one for P2P and the north side one) do not work at all, i mean,orange led blinks on the switch and the ones on the CPE210 asr fully on, but no connection in that scenario, while the EAP225 are properly working with 0 issue.

thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:an other thread on the CPE210 and no internet.-Solution
Monday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @Egoconcentrico 

I drew a picture based on your description. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

If I am correct, please replace the ethernet cable of the no internet CPE.

This should not be caused by IP conflict. And for CPE AP mode or client mode, they can't work as a DHCP server. 

As for the side "issue", that was not an issue.

SG1005P only supports standard POE, while CPE210 only supports passive POE. We can't use SG1005P to power on the CPE units. This is normal.

For your reference, you may have a look on the following article:

What’s PoE

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:an other thread on the CPE210 and no internet.-Solution
Monday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @Egoconcentrico 

I drew a picture based on your description. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

If I am correct, please replace the ethernet cable of the no internet CPE.

This should not be caused by IP conflict. And for CPE AP mode or client mode, they can't work as a DHCP server. 

As for the side "issue", that was not an issue.

SG1005P only supports standard POE, while CPE210 only supports passive POE. We can't use SG1005P to power on the CPE units. This is normal.

For your reference, you may have a look on the following article:

What’s PoE

Recommended Solution
Options