Vigi cameras - email notification works but attachment doesn't

Yesterday - last edited Yesterday
Tags: #email notification
Model: VIGI C540  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: VIGI C540(UN)_V2_2.0.1 Build 240619

Just some background, I've received a couple of Vigi cams and Vigi NVR to evaluate. The email notification with attachment of either a snapshot or short video clip of the incident is very important to us as most armed reaction companies require the system to send email notifications with attachment. This lowers the labour component of their business as they don't need to employee people to look at camera footage. They can purely react on the email notifications as it would show the person or vehicle causing the event without them having to go to an application somewhere to go look at what caused the event.

Now, even though I can get the email notification to work, I can't get it to attach footage (snapshot or video) to the email. I can confirm that Upload to FTP worked like a charm, but that's not useful in the scenario above. I've used the setup through the browser on the IPC directly, as I saw the "Attached Image" option on the camera UI and not on the NVR.

What is also confusing, is that there is a "Human Detection" under the Event -> Basic Event -> Motion Detection, but also a separate section under Event-> Smart Event -> Human Detection? I have tried with both enabled and also individually, but no success. Linkage method "Email Alarm" is enabled. Emails come through on human detection and motion detection, but no attachment - very frustrating.

Any help to get this working would be great!

UPDATE:

It seems the attachments are random. See my inbox below, out of 13 email notifications one of them had an attachment?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 28

Replies: 0

Tags

email notification
Related Articles