VIGI Security Manager is infected with ransomware. (possible fault alarm?)

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest VIGI Security Manager.

About 20 minutes ago I opened a VIGI Security Manager. After only a few seconds my Bitdefender prompted me that I had been attacked by ransomware which I had never experienced due to being paranoid about the internet and stuff, to my surprise the culprit was VIGI Security Manager.

Bitdefender did restore the encrypted files only 6 of them which 4 are from VIGI Security Manager folders and another 2 are from Nvidia folders.

This is very concerning since the last time I had a fault alarm from Bitdefender was 3 years ago their detection is like 99%, I ran Malwarebytes to check for rootkit and other possible threats but found nothing, currently running a full scan with Bitdefender and will update if it finds anything.

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI Security Manager is infected with ransomware. (possible fault alarm?)
a week ago

Hi @Chariot 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Why not try several different anti-virus?

Upload the whole installation package to the online virus scan.

Pack the VIGI in a zip and upload it to the online virus scan.

Will you get the same result as your Bitdefender(TBH, never heard this)?

Where do you download it?

What is the link you download it?

If both are coming from the official site, it should be good at least. Yet the question is back to you, is your system clean?

If your system is not clean and it infects other programs, I think all of the other programs will soon become infected as well.

Do you ask this on NVIDIA as you said NVIDIA files also become "malware"?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

My system is super clean from any threat because it's the exact same software/ setup I used for the past 5 years except for 1 thing that was added, which is VIGI Security Manager. If you look carefully, you'll see that the malware is trying to execute the command link to the VIGI Security Manager. I don't know if it's really malware or the way VIGI Security Manager works; either way, it's the behavior of malware/ransomware.

And no, the Nvidia driver is not the malware because I haven't updated it for about a year now like I said I keep everything the same.

I ran a full scan for the whole PC, and nothing was found on my system because Bitdefender already cleaned the malware and infected files from VIGI Security Manager.

Download everything from the Official website.

Options
a week ago

Hi @Chariot 

Chariot wrote

@Clive_A 

My system is super clean from any threat because it's the exact same software/ setup I used for the past 5 years except for 1 thing that was added, which is VIGI Security Manager. If you look carefully, you'll see that the malware is trying to execute the command link to the VIGI Security Manager. I don't know if it's really malware or the way VIGI Security Manager works; either way, it's the behavior of malware/ransomware.

And no, the Nvidia driver is not the malware because I haven't updated it for about a year now like I said I keep everything the same.

I ran a full scan for the whole PC, and nothing was found on my system because Bitdefender already cleaned the malware and infected files from VIGI Security Manager.

Download everything from the Official website.

Not anything helpful I expected to learn from you.

I asked for the link because the DNS provider in your network might be changed to a pseudo one.

Could be a false alarm and you need a different anti-virus to verify.

I don't think I have to explain every reason for the things I asked. I ask them for a reason.

If you would like to further discuss this, please follow what I asked to verify and paste the results here. 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 74

Replies: 3

Related Articles