TL-WA7210N no signal and other issues

a week ago - last edited Yesterday

Hi all

I'm experiencing a strange issue with my point to point setup, based opn 2 WA7210N (used to connect 2 different building, 200mt far from each other)

in the last 4 days the link seems not to work due to some strange behaviour on the client one
this antenna connects to the main hotspot one, (+51 dbm avg,) but after 5 seconds looses the signal, got it again and then looses it again.
at this point only power and LAN (solid) led are on.

i've noticed that once this happens the main antenna, after the survey, shows 0-8dbm, and effectively seems that is not transmitting.
i've tried to use one of the other antennas of the hotspot, but the behaviour is the same and i can confirm that the "sender" antenna seems to have the same 0dbm issue once the clien one connects to it.

already reset
IP is fix, correct and the same one of the last 4 years

scratching my head waiting for an advice

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA7210N no signal and other issues-Solution
Friday - last edited Yesterday

@Egoconcentrico 

Sorry, my fault

you are right. it's 2.4G only.

You may refer to this guide also:

How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA7210N no signal and other issues
a week ago

Hi @Egoconcentrico 

It seems like there are some radar devices newly installed at your place and the TL-WA7210N detects the radar signals.

Below is an introduction about DFS channel:

Brief introduction of DFS function

Options
Re:TL-WA7210N no signal and other issues
a week ago
Nnnope ! 7210 are 2,4g and are should not be affected by that. in addition to this all the other antennas of the HS shuold be influenced the samme way... today i played a little bit, by changing the operation mode between AP client, WISP, range extender, and in all of those status led stayed solid with no reboot.. then i tried a full reset and then by NOT loading the previous saved configuration.. this somehow worked, signal stays and leds are solid to max power, the only issue left is that despite the connection with the AP antenna, i still have not connection, i can not discover the Client antenna from the router (even from the webpage on the HS i'm hooked on)... lets' see what happen overnight
Options
Re:TL-WA7210N no signal and other issues-Solution
Friday - last edited Yesterday

@Egoconcentrico 

Sorry, my fault

you are right. it's 2.4G only.

You may refer to this guide also:

How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 3

Related Articles