Setting up ISP Service with CPE710

a week ago - last edited 23 hours ago
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good day all-

I want to provide Internet to a small community through my purchased bandwidth.  I purchased 2 CPE-710, one to broadcast the Access Point and the other/s will be used at each location (Home).  Each location will have a CPE-710 pointing (Direct Site) to the CPE-710 at my homebase.  I configured the homebase CPE-710 as an Access Point, and all the other CPE-710 as a client.  I found out that configuring the homebase as a Access Point doesn't permit me to manage 'Bandwidth.'  I would have to configure homebase as an AP Router in order to manage Bandwidth.  However, once I select AP Router, I'm no longer able to manage the CPE through my network and would have to connect through WIFI in order to manage.

Can someone please help me address this issue.  It's important for me to manage bandwidth, while also managing all CPE's centrally on a single network if possible.

Thank you-

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting up ISP Service with CPE710-Solution

Hi  @EReid20 

For your usage scenario, the CPE710 is not a good choice.
CPE is mainly used for long-distance wireless bridging, and it doesn't support many router features.

You can add a router, such as ER7206, in front of the CPE AP.

Another point is that, the CPE710 is directional and the wifi signal focuses on one certain direction. If the clients are located in different directions from the homebase, CPE710 won't meet your requirements. You can consider replacing CPE710 with EAP215-Bridge KIT

One more advantage is that you can manage the router ER7206 and the EAP215-bridge via Omada controller centrally.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up ISP Service with CPE710-Solution

Hi  @EReid20 

For your usage scenario, the CPE710 is not a good choice.
CPE is mainly used for long-distance wireless bridging, and it doesn't support many router features.

You can add a router, such as ER7206, in front of the CPE AP.

Another point is that, the CPE710 is directional and the wifi signal focuses on one certain direction. If the clients are located in different directions from the homebase, CPE710 won't meet your requirements. You can consider replacing CPE710 with EAP215-Bridge KIT

One more advantage is that you can manage the router ER7206 and the EAP215-bridge via Omada controller centrally.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 1

Related Articles