Detailed info about HDD via NVR, Delayed recording, etc.

Saturday
Tags: #HDD #VIGI NVR
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 240801 Rel.65669n

Hello,

I bought a 1004H NVR with PoE support not so long ago, and there are some minor improvements I would have suggestions for...

The hard drive information section in the web layout does not show anything useful info about the drive inside. It would be nice if the NVR could request and a list out at least the S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) drive informations for the user. This would be very useful to notice issues with the drive in my opinion. How about a quick drive diagnostic tool/option that can be initiated from through the NVR itself?

The recording delay and pre-recording time seems to have some issues as well. The delay for me is set to 4 seconds, but for some reason the recording always stop right at the end of each recording event. The pre-recording is set to 8 seconds for all of my cameras, but their pre-recording varies from time to time. Sometimes some of them record 4-5 seconds instead of 8, sometimes do not pre-record at all, but in fewer cases some of them do pre-record the 8 second correctly.

The firmware update only checks available updates for the NVR through its web layout, unless I log in directly to each and every camera via their dedicated IP addresses and check manually. Would be nice to see an option there to update everything through the NVR. Thankfully updating is much better through the VIGI app on my phone.

The VIGI Android application will not allow me to change date during footage playback when the preview is set to full screen mode. Even if I set the date beforehand while in default view, once in full screen, the playback date resets back to today's. An update for this issue would be much appreciated!

Also, is there any way to access the footage on the NVR from my PC without logging in through a web browser? Like mounting a network location or via FTP or anything like these (read only mode of course)?

Thanks for your hard work! Have a nice day!

Regards,

Barnabas

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 0

Tags

HDD
VIGI NVR
Related Articles