EAP215 RSSI Levels

EAP215 RSSI Levels

EAP215 RSSI Levels
EAP215 RSSI Levels
2 weeks ago - last edited Yesterday
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I understand that the RSSI level displayed is the signal strength the sub is receiving from the main bridge. Is there and indicator

for the signal strength that the main is receiving from the sub, or is it just assumrd they would be the same.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP215 RSSI Levels-Solution

Hi  @JSINCO 

In a TP - Link EAP215 (or similar access point) setup, typically the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) value shown usually represents the signal strength that a client device or a secondary unit (sub) is receiving from the main access point (main bridge).

However, in many enterprise - grade access point setups like the EAP215, there may not be a direct and obvious indicator that shows the signal strength that the main is receiving from the sub in the same way as the client - to - main display. But you can often infer it based on the link quality metrics and communication status.

If the communication between the main and the sub is stable and working well, it's a good indication that the signal strength in both directions is sufficient.

It's not always safe to assume that the signal strength in both directions is the same. There are many factors that can affect the signal propagation in one direction differently from the other, such as antenna orientation, interference in one particular path, and differences in transmitter power settings between the main and sub units.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP215 RSSI Levels-Solution

Hi  @JSINCO 

In a TP - Link EAP215 (or similar access point) setup, typically the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) value shown usually represents the signal strength that a client device or a secondary unit (sub) is receiving from the main access point (main bridge).

However, in many enterprise - grade access point setups like the EAP215, there may not be a direct and obvious indicator that shows the signal strength that the main is receiving from the sub in the same way as the client - to - main display. But you can often infer it based on the link quality metrics and communication status.

If the communication between the main and the sub is stable and working well, it's a good indication that the signal strength in both directions is sufficient.

It's not always safe to assume that the signal strength in both directions is the same. There are many factors that can affect the signal propagation in one direction differently from the other, such as antenna orientation, interference in one particular path, and differences in transmitter power settings between the main and sub units.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP215 RSSI Levels
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

Thanks for your reply, but I am a little confused. I currently have my main bridge powered up but my sub is not.

However my main is still showing 3 LED's even though the sub is not transmitting. What don't I understand?

Options
Re:EAP215 RSSI Levels
a week ago

Hi  @JSINCO 

The LED lights on the main EAP215 - bridge are not solely an indication of the connection status with the sub - unit. 

Below is the LED Explanation of EAP215-bridge, which can be found from installation guide:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 94

Replies: 3

Related Articles