Need help setting up Omada EAP's with SonicWall for Intranet Access

Friday
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240314 Rel. 53356(5553)

Not a network or even IT guy, but I play one at work...

We use a SonicWall firewall at work, two of our three SonicWall Access Points have stopped working, and I decided to go Omada since it seems easier, has WiFi 6 and is less expensive than getting two or three new SonicWall AP's.

So far I just hooked up (1) of the many EAP670's that I bought to test this out, it is connected to our TP-Link Managed Switch: SG3452P

The EAP670 powers up, I configured it as a stand alone and it works great. I can connect my iPhone to it, and browse the web faster than our older SonicWall AP.

However, when I disconnected the ethernet from my desktop, and connected wirelessly to the EAP670, it connects fine, and I can browse the internet no problem, but I have no access to our Intranet.

Currently I have a seperate VLAN on the SG3452P of 4 ports. Three are the SonicWall AP's and one port connects to a port on the SonicWall, I assume this is how the SonicWall AP's are getting Intranet, they are effectively connected to the SonicWall through that VLAN.

I unplugged on of the SonicWall AP's and plugged in the EAP670, it powered up, but I couldn't connect to it.

Trying to figure out how I can enable the EAP670 both Internet and Intranet.

Really appreciate any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need help setting up Omada EAP's with SonicWall for Intranet Access
Yesterday

Hi  @CabinetCompany 

Seems like you need to give the corresponding VLAN ID for the EAP's SSID.

You can do it on this page:

Options
19 hours ago

@Vincent-TP 

Not sure I tried the right things, but I set the VLAN ID to 1 to match 44 of the ports and had the EAP plugged into 1 of those 44, but I could no longer connect to the EAP under this setup.

I also tried plugging the EAP into one of the 4 ports which connects to the SonicWall, and had the EAP set to VLAN 3, to match the VLAN of those 4 seperate VLAN ports on the switch, but couldn't connect to the EAP in that scenario either.

Options
12 hours ago

Hi  @CabinetCompany 

If you lose connection with EAP, the VLAN config must be wrong. You need to reset the EAP to access it again.

Is it possible to check the switch's VLAN configuration?

Or you can contact Sonicwall support for some help.

Options