VIGI NVR 1008H(UN) 2.0 - failed to update the firmware.

Friday - last edited Friday
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 230116 Rel.44660n

Hi All,

I use VIGI NVR 1008H(UN)2.0.

When I tried to update to the latest version from the browser, an error like the one attached occurred.

I also did the same thing locally using a USB memory, but the same error occurred.

Online update show "Firmware is up-to-date."

How do I update the version?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI NVR 1008H(UN) 2.0 - failed to update the firmware.-Solution

Hi @ITJ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ITJ wrote

@Clive_A 

I tried both older versions and got the same error.(1.0.7 / 1.0.5)

Is there an older version?

OK. Try to download and upgrade this one.

This is due to the customized JP firmware installed on your system. Upgrade to that one and try to upgrade to the latest.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR 1008H(UN) 2.0 - failed to update the firmware.
Friday

Hi @ITJ 

Try to upgrade following the chronic order. It might be the factory firmware is too old to be updated directly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Friday

@Clive_A 

Options
Re:VIGI NVR 1008H(UN) 2.0 - failed to update the firmware.-Solution

Hi @ITJ 

ITJ wrote

@Clive_A 

OK. Try to download and upgrade this one.

This is due to the customized JP firmware installed on your system. Upgrade to that one and try to upgrade to the latest.

Recommended Solution
Options
Friday

Hi  @Clive_A 

The given file could be updated. Current version is 1.0.4 Build 230317 Rel.42278n.

However, when I perform a manual update after that, the message "The firmware is not supported by the current drive." is displayed as shown in the attachment.

Also, online update was announced to 1.1.0, and it was possible to update, but the firmware was not updated even after reaching 100%.

I reboot each time.

Options

Hi @ITJ 

ITJ wrote

Hi  @Clive_A 

The given file could be updated. Current version is 1.0.4 Build 230317 Rel.42278n.

However, when I perform a manual update after that, the message "The firmware is not supported by the current drive." is displayed as shown in the attachment.

Also, online update was announced to 1.1.0, and it was possible to update, but the firmware was not updated even after reaching 100%.

I reboot each time.

Did you upgrade to the middle firmware and then to the 1.0.4?

It should be 1.0.0 > middle firmware > 1.0.4 and from 1.0.4 to the latest.

Options
Friday

Hi @Clive_A 

I updated twice.

nvr1008hv2_en_middleware_up_boot(230321)-signed-beta.bin

-->nvr1008hv2_en_1_0_4_up_boot(230327)-signed.bin

This version cannot be updated to the latest version.

The automatic update will reach 100%, but the version has not actually changed.

Options
20 hours ago

Hi @ITJ 

ITJ wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

I updated twice.

nvr1008hv2_en_middleware_up_boot(230321)-signed-beta.bin

-->nvr1008hv2_en_1_0_4_up_boot(230327)-signed.bin

This version cannot be updated to the latest version.

The automatic update will reach 100%, but the version has not actually changed.

You mean you have updated based on the order:

middle firmware > 1.0.4 > latest firmware.

Are you certain that the middle firmware has been updated and then you updated from middle 230321 to the 1.0.4 230327? Checked the version each time when you move on to the next?

That'd be strange if you can confirm this.

Options