Local Access to the router / Failover doesn't connect on IPhone

hace una semana - last edited hace una semana
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712

Hi!

I have a Switch ER605 V2 (firmware 2.2.6), it is provisioned in Omada Cloud, I want to know if by being provisioned in the Cloud the access is lost locally.

On the other hand, I can't get my iPhone (15 ProMax - iOS 18) to connect and function as failover.

Thank you.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Local Access to the router / Failover doesn't connect on IPhone
hace una semana

Hi @RJPA 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The cloud access does not interfere with the local access via the localhost:8088. Or if you use the hardware controller(the IP).

The local access to the IP of the router is blocked and you will see the error telling you the reason.

I don't understand your second question.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
hace una semana

Thanks @Clive_A !

When I talk about failover, it is the function of the Load Balancer that allows to raise another link when the primary WAN goes down and raises the secondary one.

As it has the ability to answer a cell phone through its USB-A slot, I have tested it with a Pixel 8 (Android) phone without any problem, but with an iPhone (Apple) the router does not recognize it.

Options
hace una semana

Hi @RJPA 

RJPA wrote

Thanks @Clive_A !

When I talk about failover, it is the function of the Load Balancer that allows to raise another link when the primary WAN goes down and raises the secondary one.

As it has the ability to answer a cell phone through its USB-A slot, I have tested it with a Pixel 8 (Android) phone without any problem, but with an iPhone (Apple) the router does not recognize it.

Link Backup, on iOS 18 Omada app. Not sure if this is a problem with the adaptation to the new system.

By any chance do you have an iOS 17 to test it out? Was it working fine before?

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
hace una semana

@RJPA unfortunately i couldn't try it with iOS 17, but if it a data of value i use the same cable for the Android and iOS.

Options
hace una semana

Hi @RJPA 

RJPA wrote

@RJPA unfortunately i couldn't try it with iOS 17, but if it a data of value i use the same cable for the Android and iOS.

I still don't get your point. Do you have a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

Options
Sunday

@Clive_A on the first sreenshot it`s when conected to an iPhone. The second one when to an Android and work fine.iPhoneAndroid 

Options
Wednesday

Hi @RJPA 

RJPA wrote

@Clive_A on the first sreenshot it`s when conected to an iPhone. The second one when to an Android and work fine.

Is this a screenshot from the web browser on your phone?

Options
Wednesday

@Clive_A we browser.

Options
Friday

Hi  @RJPA 

RJPA wrote

@Clive_A we browser.

It could be a browser issue. Safari, is that correct?

If the Android works, but not for the iPhone web browser, you might wanna try the Google Chrome or other types of browser.

It looks like a problem residing in the device type instead of the web or the router software issue as it can display correctly on the Android. The kernel is and stays the same regardless what platform(type) you are trying.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 9

Related Articles