Votes

Secondary Connection for Dynamic IP

2024-09-22 16:39:45
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20240809 Rel.48592

My ISP runs DHCP.  On a single WAN port, I'd like to claim the ISP's IP over DHCP, but I'd also like to claim a secondary private static IP.

Details:

I have a setup where I want to simultaneously claim an IP that's advertised by my ISP over DHCP (a publicly routable IP), but I also want to claim 192.168.11.2/24 in order to communicate with my WAN SFP+ ONT module for monitoring and configuration.  The SFP+ module claims 192.168.11.1/24.

Connection type PPPoE allows the user to input a "Static IP" CIDR as a Secondary Connection. But Connection Type DHCP does not allow any secondary connections*.

Would TP-Link be open to adding this feature? It's essentially the same feature as exists in PPPoE, but implemented for Dynamic IP.

Thanks.

* Dynamic IP allows WAN IP Alias, but that is not a full CIDR and cannot be outside of the subnet of the dynamic IP

Options
1 Reply
Re:Secondary Connection for Dynamic IP
3 weeks ago

Hi @ajdadja 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. This is not possible.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.