Adopting EAP110 to my self hosted omada software controller

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.7

Good day everyone,

Please help me, I want to adopt my EAP110-outdoor to my self hosted omada software controller in my cloud server with a domain name for my omada software controller.

I gt some error like, Device adoption failed because the device does not respond to adopt commands. please help me.sad

eap110

Options
8 Reply
Re:Adopting EAP110 to my self hosted omada software controller
a week ago

Hi @Carlo_Fuertes 

This means the communication between EAP and Omada Software Controller is blocked.

You mentioned the controller is installed on the cloud, please open port TCP/UDP 29810-29816 on the controller site.

Options
a week ago

Hi @Vincent-TP ,

I already open that port, but not working. it wll display in devices but, I cannot adopt the device.

Options
a week ago

Hi @Carlo_Fuertes 

Please also check if there is any firewall or anti-virus software blocked the connection.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @Vincent-TP,

The device is now adopted, and I already configured the portal and the Wlan.

I have a problem now, when I trying to connect to the AP, didn't redirecting to portal, what is supposed to be the problem?

Options
a week ago

Hi @Vincent-TP ,

This is the error

Options
a week ago

Hi  @Carlo_Fuertes 

Please click CONTINUE ANYWAY WITH BROWSER.

It's similar as the following guide:

Why TP-Link HTTPS web interface is detected as unsecure by some web browsers?

Options
a week ago

Hi  @Vincent-TP ,

But i have a valid SSL Certificate.

When Im going to access the dedicated domain name in the web browser, it is already https, but when Im trying to connect in the AP and redirected to the portal, it display that not safe. What is the problem? please help me.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @Carlo_Fuertes 

The HTTPS web interface of your TP-Link device is sometimes flagged as insecure by some web browsers, the reason is that TP-Link's certificate is self-signed (e.g., tplinkeap.net). Most browsers do not accept this type of certificate because tplinkeap.net is not an authoritative CA. However, even if TP-Link's self-signed certificate is not trusted, the connection between a web browser and the tplinkeap.net server is still secure.

The purpose of a certificate is solely to allow a client to verify an unknown server. It has nothing to do with the encrypted connection. The data transmitted between the browser (client) and tplinkeap.net (server) remains safe and encrypted. No one else could decrypt this data except the client and the server because tplinkeap.net uses TLS v1.2 as a secure connection builder, and TLS v1.2 is a widely recognized secure connection protocol. So there is no need to be overly concerned about the insecure warning.

Options