station keeps disconnecting
2 weeks ago
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

I purchased 2 x cpe 510

which I have setup as bridde -> client

yesterday it was working, albeit slow speeds

but today they will no longer stay connected it seems and I cannot get any internet access from the client and cannot even ping the bridge

In the bridge status page under "stations"

I can see the client station constantly appearing and disappearing

On the client status page, no stations show up at all

Options
4 Reply
Re:station keeps disconnecting
2 weeks ago

Hi @LordSnake 

To build a wireless bridge, better to configure the first CPE as access point mode.

Below is an article introducing the scenario:

How to build a Wireless Network between home and farm using tp-link products

Long distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point

If the performance is not good, Please refer to the following articles to do some troubleshooting:

How to build a Wireless Network between home and farm using tp-link products

How to troubleshoot the CPE in AP and Client mode when the wireless speed is slow

Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincent-TP 

Hi, I already tried this yesterday after speaking to support, but still had the same issue.

They told me I need to use an ethernet connection to the router, which I did, even though that makes no sense as it wouldn't;t affect the CPE's connecting to each other. It didn;t help.

Options
2 weeks ago

It is like a frustrating situation with your CPE510 setup. The constant disconnecting could be due to a few factors, like signal interference or configuration issues. Have you tried resetting both Mangago units and ensuring they’re on the same firmware version? Sometimes a fresh start can help stabilize the connection.

Options
2 weeks ago

@jackmartin61 

Yes and yes

I ended up swapping the devices round and making the bridge the client and it's now working. 

The only issue now is that the speed is rather low., only 60mb.

the bridge  should be getting at least 300mb from the repeater, as that's what I get with my phone from the same location. 

And I would expect almost the same from the client as it's only 20m away and line of sight. 

Plus I can get at least 200mb from just in front of my office on my phone directly from my repeater, but sadly it doesn't quite make it into the office.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 4

Related Articles