Wifi client needs to access local web server with different ip.

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

I have a Omada controlled Wifi network with Local user authentication, whenever i connect to the Wifi im given a 192.168.55.1/24 ip but my problem is i want to connect to a web server with different ip 192.168.10.1/24 on the same switch. What configuration to make? I'm new to networking.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Wifi client needs to access local web server with different ip.-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @pandesal 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

pandesal wrote

@Clive_A 

I have search the Knowledge Base and Configuration Guides but i cant find the right solution or i just don't understand.

But i have my diagram:

Network

I just want the wireless connection from Network A to access the HTTP server at Network B denying other devices from Network B to access Network A.

I have read about ACL, i cant make it work, i even have to reset everything because i mistakenly block everything.

Thanks.

A to B, allow.

B to A, deny.

SW ACL: A to B, IP-Group SRC all A IPs and ports to DST IP-port(B web server) protocol TCP.

SW ACL: B to A, Network/IP, SRC B to DST A, protocol all.

Have you tried this? What guide did you refer to and you were not able to figure it out?

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@pandesal to everyone who responded to my post, thank you. I got it, i just keep on digging other post and tutorials, videos. I'll keep on learning.

Thanks.

I'll just post again if i run into problems again.

The original network was that 192.168.10.1/24 was on another router. i tried routing, port forwarding to the web server but wont connect.

Maybe i just did'nt know how to do it correctly.

What i did was to create a VLAN 192.168.10.1/24 on Omada. and connected the web server directly to one of the switches and assign the profile

to what port the other network is connected, and it worked.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi client needs to access local web server with different ip.
3 weeks ago

Hi @pandesal 

If you are new to the system, please kindly read the Knowledge Base and Configuration Guide articles beforehand.

If you are using the Omada system, inter-VLAN is accessible by default. If you have trouble with inter-VLAN access, please make sure you disable ACL or configure ACL accordingly.

If you expect to get more concrete suggestions, please make sure add some specific details, diagram or config for reference.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

I have search the Knowledge Base and Configuration Guides but i cant find the right solution or i just don't understand.

But i have my diagram:

Network

I just want the wireless connection from Network A to access the HTTP server at Network B denying other devices from Network B to access Network A.

I have read about ACL, i cant make it work, i even have to reset everything because i mistakenly block everything.

Thanks.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @pandesal 

pandesal wrote

@Clive_A 

But i have my diagram:

Network

Thanks.

A to B, allow.

B to A, deny.

SW ACL: A to B, IP-Group SRC all A IPs and ports to DST IP-port(B web server) protocol TCP.

SW ACL: B to A, Network/IP, SRC B to DST A, protocol all.

Have you tried this? What guide did you refer to and you were not able to figure it out?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@pandesal   What kind of webserver (website, nas,etc.)  is this, how are you interfacing with it (eg windows explorer, browser, etc.? )  Without knowing more we cant tell if this is a network issue or a service issue.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@pandesal to everyone who responded to my post, thank you. I got it, i just keep on digging other post and tutorials, videos. I'll keep on learning.

Thanks.

I'll just post again if i run into problems again.

The original network was that 192.168.10.1/24 was on another router. i tried routing, port forwarding to the web server but wont connect.

Maybe i just did'nt know how to do it correctly.

What i did was to create a VLAN 192.168.10.1/24 on Omada. and connected the web server directly to one of the switches and assign the profile

to what port the other network is connected, and it worked.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 5

Related Articles