EAP225 - Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features can work in SW Controller mode?

EAP225 - Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features can work in SW Controller mode?

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.1.6

I deployed a single EAP225 (acting as Root AP) using SW based controller (on-premises) mode, the next plan is to add another AP to form a MESH network.

Referring to the Choose the Right Controller that Fits Your Business table in this url: https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/omada-cloud-based-controller

Do I need to apply for "Cloud based controller" in order for Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features to work?

i also refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/en/omada/omada-cloud-essentials/, where there is a section called Maintenance>WLAN Optimization feature, which I am not sure whether it covers Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP225 - Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features can works in SW Controller mode?-Solution

Hi  @teowk1 

No need to use a cloud-based controller.

A controller running all the time is ok. That is: a software PC running constantly, or a hardware controller keeps powering on.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 - Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features can works in SW Controller mode?-Solution

Hi  @teowk1 

No need to use a cloud-based controller.

A controller running all the time is ok. That is: a software PC running constantly, or a hardware controller keeps powering on.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP225 - Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing features can works in SW Controller mode?
2 weeks ago

@Vincent-TP 

I should interpret this way: Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing are EAP device level features, therefore they always work regardless of using either Cloud-Based Controllers or SW-Based Controller.

I came to above conclusion after comparing different controllers types (Cloud Essentials/Cloud Standard/On-Premises Standard) from the Cloud Management Platform. From the configuration parameters under each of controller types, there is no any configurable items pertaining to Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing.

The WLAN Optimizations configuration parameter (available in Cloud Standard/On-Premisese Standard), as it mentioned, allow the controller to determine the optimum operation channels and power concluded from RF scanning, considering the traffic, deployment size, and client factors (so it is not related to Intelligent Self-Organization & Self-Healing working mechanism at all)

Options