VLANs Error
2024-08-25 11:23:24
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.20.2 Build 20240115 Rel.72847

I created 2 VLANs:

1. IoT - Vlan30.

2. PCs - Vlan20

VLan 1 -Default is only for my infrastructure hardware.

WDCloud, Vlan10 - 192.168.10.3

my Promox server is at VLAN-1. 192.168.0.11

* VM inside proxmox MQTT Broker - Vlan 30 - 192.168.30.2

* VM inside proxmox  RapsbeeryPi OS  - Vlan 30 - 192.168.30.11

* VM inside proxmox  HomeAssistant - Vlan 30 - 192.168.30.10

* VM inside proxmox  Windows 11 - Vlan 10 - 192.168.10.10

Linux machine - Vlan1 - 192.168.0.10 (Which I want access to all of the guys above).

Errors:

1. Linux fails pinging MQTT broker, but succeeds in pinging everyother VLAN30 VMs.

2. Linux succeeds pinging WDcloud, fail reaching its HTTP pages: 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

I dont have any limitation/ denials or ACLs.

MQTT broker works as needed.

from VLAN30 I can acceess BROKER as needed.

from VLAN10 I cant reach WDcloud.

Guy

Options
5 Reply
Re:VLANs Error
2024-08-26 01:21:18

Hi @guyd2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Give this a try?

What If My Windows Computer Is Not Accessible or Pingable Over the VPN/VLAN Interface

What you described gives me a feelings that this has nothing to do with the router/switch.

When you have devices like a server, you always have options to declare the access authority for different users and IPs.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-26 03:59:06

@Clive_A 

Thank you for replying.

I didn't fully understand what you suggest me to do.

Beside, I tool another PC, Windows 11, connected to it to the same LAN port ( in case there are some limitation on that port), and both problems remain.

Guy

Options
2024-08-26 05:51:53

Hi @guyd2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

guyd2 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for replying.

I didn't fully understand what you suggest me to do.

Beside, I tool another PC, Windows 11, connected to it to the same LAN port ( in case there are some limitation on that port), and both problems remain.

Guy

I mean, basically, in your network, you are deploying some kind of server. Right?

If you deploy the servers, the servers have rules and firewalls. The machine to host the servers itself will also have a firewall.

Have you ruled out that the server instance itself does not exclude the connections from the other subnets?

You said yourself that you can access the broker in the same subnet.

WDcloud, not sure what that is, but should be implementing the same mind note of troubleshooting as the link I gave.

Since you have not ruled these out, I cannot say it is a VLAN error. What VLAN error would that be? I am quite curious if you insist on this. I am also not convinced by your test methodology that this indicates a VLAN error/failure. VLAN is actually layer 2. It integrates the routing. It should at least be something related to the routing and firewall.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-26 09:34:06

@Clive_A 

No, there is no server. 

I have a linux machine (with it i manage my networks). As I wrote before, Even on the same lan PORT, I tried with fresh installed Windows11 machine, and I get the same behaviour.

Guy

Options
2024-08-29 16:58:42

@Clive_A 

1 difference between 192.168.30.2 (MQTT broker), which I don't have access to from 192.168.0.10 (linux machine), is - it is a container (helper script), and the other 2 mentioned above are OS's (home assisant and raspberry pi), which there is a access to.

Perhaps- this can shed some light ?

Guy

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 5

Related Articles