CPU utilization during idle-time

2024-08-23 07:25:53
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20240324 Rel.42799

Hello experts,

Recently, I deployed two units of TP-Link VPN router. TP-Link ER8411 and TP-Link ER 707-MY for site-to-site VPN. Since deployment two days ago, I noticed that the CPU utilization on TP-Link ER707-M2 is almost 15% during idle time. It is understandable that this may be due to VPN processing, but shouldn't CPU utilization be below (at least) 10% during idle time, even when the VPN feature is on? By the way, I'm using just a few configurations (IP routing and VPN) for this deployment. I do not enable any feature such as deep packet inspection. From my experience with other router solutions, most are at 5-10% utilisation during idle time.

Thanks.

Alex Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPU utilization during idle-time
2024-08-26 06:39:46

Hi @bambinotenchie 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CPU could remain at a high level but it does not mean it is a problem.

It remains at a high level constantly because possibly the current enabled features require that level of CPU. So, that it keeps at that level.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 1

Related Articles