WIFI AUTHENTICATION

WIFI AUTHENTICATION

WIFI AUTHENTICATION
WIFI AUTHENTICATION
2024-08-19 08:02:47 - last edited 2024-08-21 07:38:26
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day everyone. I have created a setup to distribute WiFi over a 2km radius, whereby authentication is required. I want to use TP-Link ER605, eap245, and some 3rd party Outdoor Access Points ( Ruijie RAP6262 (G). I'm using Omada for authentication, but only EAP245 works for authentication process. When I connect the 2nd ethernet Port (Bridge port) of the EAP245 to the 3rd part APs, authentication doesn't. Please help me with how I can integrate the authentication of Omada, using TP-Link ER605, EAP245, and 3rd party Access Points. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:WIFI AUTHENTICATION
2024-08-19 08:26:11 - last edited 2024-08-21 07:38:26

Hi @LADCRUST 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Set up the authentication then. Use the portal of the network which will apply to any applicable clients. Because the layer of the network portal is the foundation of the application level.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-21 07:38:08

@Clive_A okay, thank you. So, on that note, can I use the authentication method with the ER605 router only, using the LAN port, without the involvement of the EAP245? If its possible, will the configuration to block the VPNs be possible?

Options
2024-08-21 08:44:49 - last edited 2024-08-21 09:02:23

Hi @LADCRUST 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

LADCRUST wrote

@Clive_A okay, thank you. So, on that note, can I use the authentication method with the ER605 router only, using the LAN port, without the involvement of the EAP245? If its possible, will the configuration to block the VPNs be possible?

There is no guarantee about the VPN block. If the port is dynamic, the ACL cannot block it. DPI or other settings you may try them, but it is not guaranteed.

As long as the portal is using the network which has nothing to do with the EAP at all. It is applied to the network.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 3

Related Articles