Wifi is not connected to internet when a particular laptop is connected to ethernet

Wifi is not connected to internet when a particular laptop is connected to ethernet

2024-07-10 04:01:26
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.6

I have a TL-R605 v1.0, version 1.1.1 and have 3 access points (1xEAP245 and 2x EAP615). My controller version is 5.5.6. In one of my rooms, I have a laptop dock which is connected directly to Ethernet. When my partner's HP Chromebook x360 is connected to this dock (via thunderbolt 4 connection), she has Ethernet connection and everything works fine. Sometimes, while her laptop is connected to the dock, my wifi will lose internet connectivity, across all 3 access points. Her laptop is still able to access the internet, because its not on the wifi at this point. 

To restore my wifi's internet connectivity, I need to unplug this laptop. This issue only occurs when her laptop is plugged in. I have a Lenovo x1 carbon and when that is plugged into the dock, there is never any issues. 

I looked at my Omada controller logs, but couldn't find anything that aligns with the timing of the issue. Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi is not connected to internet when a particular laptop is connected to ethernet
2024-07-11 07:19:26

Hi @beepboop 

Seems like there is some compatibility issue between the dock and the HP Chromebook x360.

What if plug HP Chromebook x360 into the other ethernet port of the EAP245? will the same issue happen? Or plug any other Ethernet port in the network except for the dock.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 1

Related Articles