n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect

n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect

2024-06-11 10:57:23 - last edited 2024-06-14 01:32:12
Model: EAP245   EAP225   OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

So, All my EAPs, OC controller and compatible switches are trying to connect to "n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com" and similar sub domains WITHOUT consent and WITHOUT cloud being enabled.

Every year or so we have to go through this same process where devices are trying to connect to the outside despite no consent to do that, report it and have TP-Link change it!. Luckily my FW is blocking this but this is an on-going PITA.

Not happy that a switch (TL-SG3428X 1.0) is doing that nor any other device on my network

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect-Solution
2024-06-14 01:31:59 - last edited 2024-06-14 01:32:12

Hi  @Pugs 

I find a way to disable cloud service totally. Check the photo, although it's not very clear:

When you 1st time setup this switch(creating username/password etc.) this option should also be there. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect
2024-06-12 02:22:55

Hi @Pugs 

The domain is used to link up Omada Cloud service. 

We share all domains that the cloud service requires:

Omada Cloud’s Domain Names

In some devices' firmware we can just disable this:

Pugs wrote

So, All my EAPs, OC controller and compatible switches are trying to connect to "n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com" and similar sub domains WITHOUT consent and WITHOUT cloud being enabled.

Every year or so we have to go through this same process where devices are trying to connect to the outside despite no consent to do that, report it and have TP-Link change it!. Luckily my FW is blocking this but this is an on-going PITA.

Not happy that a switch (TL-SG3428X 1.0) is doing that nor any other device on my network

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect
2024-06-13 14:35:26 - last edited 2024-06-13 14:36:04

Hi Fae, Yes, unfortunately I have these cloud based settings ALL disabled and all the devices are still trying to connect to the provided list of cloud domains.

Thanks

Options
Re:n-device-entry-omada.tplinkcloud.com - WiFi, Controllers and switches ALL try to connect-Solution
2024-06-14 01:31:59 - last edited 2024-06-14 01:32:12

Hi  @Pugs 

I find a way to disable cloud service totally. Check the photo, although it's not very clear:

When you 1st time setup this switch(creating username/password etc.) this option should also be there. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Related Articles