"system is initializing" - Cant recover EAP

2024-05-09 11:05:26
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.6

I've got a site with 4 EAP245 v3, and a variety of other EAP's... (225's, 615's etc).

However, yesterday, all the EAP 245's have fallen off the OC200 controller.

I can go to the web page for the device (no longer says managed by Omada).

I've stuck in the username / password for the device - but all it says is "system is initializing, try again later". 

I've rebooted the switch that they are connected to to power cycle them, but no joy.

I put any old username / password in - it still says "system is initializing, please try again later". 

Is my only option here to go round and reset the access points? 

Does the 5.0.6 firmware have an issue? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:"system is initializing" - Cant recover EAP
2024-05-10 03:34:53

JulesW wrote

I've got a site with 4 EAP245 v3, and a variety of other EAP's... (225's, 615's etc).

However, yesterday, all the EAP 245's have fallen off the OC200 controller.

I can go to the web page for the device (no longer says managed by Omada).

I've stuck in the username / password for the device - but all it says is "system is initializing, try again later". 

I've rebooted the switch that they are connected to to power cycle them, but no joy.

I put any old username / password in - it still says "system is initializing, please try again later". 

Is my only option here to go round and reset the access points? 

Does the 5.0.6 firmware have an issue? 

Hi @JulesW 

What is the device status on controller? What is the LED light of EAP? Are you still able to connect to the SSID?

Besides, the EAP245 V3 5.0.6 firmware is fully compatible with the controller v4.1.5, may I confirm what is your controller version?

If you would rather, please try to reset and re-adopt them, and upgrade to the latest firmware. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-10 15:17:41

@Hank21 Hi Hank.

Seems there may be a few bugs uncovered here.

The controller had the EAP's as disconnected... even though I could see them... 

I had remotely power cycled the access points - So - They have effectively been rebooted. 

Got to site - the lights were green on the EAPs - So - Powered. 

However, no SSID being broadcast. 

However - When I removed, and re inserted the network cable at the access point end - The access point came up, and got connected again. 

My question is - Why is the firmware still identified as up to date from the controller? I went on the to the TP Link website - And the latest firmware is 5.1.0 - Why isn't my OC200 picking this up? 

The controller is on version v5.13.30.20

I've also spoken to another person who has EAP 245's... They are also still on 5.0.6 firmware - and the firmware is flagged as the latest version ?

Options
2024-05-11 08:14:43

JulesW wrote

@Hank21 Hi Hank.

Seems there may be a few bugs uncovered here.

The controller had the EAP's as disconnected... even though I could see them... 

I had remotely power cycled the access points - So - They have effectively been rebooted. 

Got to site - the lights were green on the EAPs - So - Powered. 

However, no SSID being broadcast. 

However - When I removed, and re inserted the network cable at the access point end - The access point came up, and got connected again. 

My question is - Why is the firmware still identified as up to date from the controller? I went on the to the TP Link website - And the latest firmware is 5.1.0 - Why isn't my OC200 picking this up? 

The controller is on version v5.13.30.20

I've also spoken to another person who has EAP 245's... They are also still on 5.0.6 firmware - and the firmware is flagged as the latest version ?

Hi @JulesW 

Just try to upgrade the firmware manually first. Sometimes if your controller is latest, but the devices are not fully compatible with it due to the old firmware version on EAP, the cloud upgrade might fail to detected on the certain devices.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-13 14:35:03

@Hank21 Hi Hank,

That's a real issue with Omada then!! 

The 5.1.0 firmware has been out for over a year. 

The Omada controllers are newly installed, and the firmware's up to date. 

This is surely something that TP Link should issue a notice about - As I haven't had any issues with EAP 225's etc? 

What's the best way to alert TP Link Omada that they've got a big problem? 

Options
2024-05-17 13:55:51

And just to highlight - That the EAP265 suffers the same issue with the OC200 not recognising new firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 5

Related Articles