Port Forwarding Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding Issue
Port Forwarding Issue
2024-03-18 18:27:29
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hi All,

I seem to be having an issue where my port forwarding is really tempermental. I have a static IP with my ISP, their router is currently in Bridge mode and hooked into the primary WAN port. I have a rule for my PLEX server on Port 32400 wich works without issue, however when I try and forward ports 80 & 443 to enable my nextcloud server I cannot see the server from any external source. If I ping the subdomain associated with this I get DNS resolution so I know its not a DNS issue so it must be a Firewall/NAT issue.

One thing to note, my WAN must be set to DHCP for the bridge mode to work as per my ISP's instructions.

I have tried durning off all IPS and ALG options and still no luck. I'm utterly flummoxed!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding Issue
2024-03-18 18:59:55

@EndlessSyn 

If router i in stand alone, change managemen port to something else.

Options
2024-03-18 20:19:20

@MR.S I have changed the managment port to 4433 and 8080 respectivley, still no joy

Options
2024-03-19 01:25:19

Hi @EndlessSyn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

80 and 443 are reserved for the router in standalone mode. So, now you have changed them to different ones. What is the result when you access 80 and 443? What page do you see?

In case you need:

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-21 10:36:11

@EndlessSyn Still no joy, however I have noticed that my OC200 hardware controller is now no longer working and stuck in a boot loop. It gets to 50%, hangs and restarts so im wondering if this was a controller issue all along rather than the firewall. I will factory reset the firewall and retest.

Options
2024-03-22 00:58:51

Hi @EndlessSyn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

EndlessSyn wrote

@EndlessSyn Still no joy, however I have noticed that my OC200 hardware controller is now no longer working and stuck in a boot loop. It gets to 50%, hangs and restarts so im wondering if this was a controller issue all along rather than the firewall. I will factory reset the firewall and retest.

That'll be a different issue. I will not discuss the controller boot loop. You can try to fix it later with this in mind: it might be bricked if this does not boot up. Try the firmware recovery. Or boot-up failed because of unstable power.

Port forwarding still should work properly I have tested it before with different models and various firmware.

If you need to discuss this, please upload the details and results of each step in that guide.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 5

Related Articles