Votes

Resource Utilization WAN traffic

Votes

2024-02-26 08:07:23 - last edited 2024-08-22 02:02:06

Hello is there a possibility that TP-Link makes a graphic display of the WAN load in the "System Status" tab. ( or somewhere )

Like many other router manufacturers.

Because the numbers displayed in the "Traffic Statistics" -> "Statistics List" do not make any sense. !

Thanks in advance.

Greetings A3H

Options
6 Reply
Re:Resource Utilization WAN traffic
2024-02-27 01:26:12 - last edited 2024-08-21 01:35:54

Hi @A3H 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What do you expect to learn from the graph? What kind of graph will make sense to you?

Current graph, what would be the problem and what stats do you think are missing?

Do you have an example so that I can show it to the dev team? An example graph that we don't have.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-20 14:23:52 - last edited 2024-08-21 01:35:54

@Clive_A 

I also need such a graph in the "Traffic Statistic" in the ER706W Router with AUTO refresh radio buton. For each chosen WAN Port.

It is important for me to control the current(!) WAN inputs from the last 3 minutes! Because one Internet feed comes from the hotel WIFI trough a Computer to one WAN Port. So in this needed graph, I can quickly see, that the Hotel-WIFI-Feed is blocked (down) and I can  reconect the VPN App on the computer. Can you please implement such a graph (look that example)?

To make it easy, maybee only implement an INBOUND graph from all/each chosen WAN ports?

Thank you in advance for respond.

James

graphs for each WAN Port

Options
2024-08-21 01:35:41 - last edited 2024-08-21 01:35:54

Hi @hotel-wlan-user 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

hotel-wlan-user wrote

@Clive_A 

I also need such a graph in the "Traffic Statistic" in the ER706W Router with AUTO refresh radio buton. For each chosen WAN Port.

It is important for me to control the current(!) WAN inputs from the last 3 minutes! Because one Internet feed comes from the hotel WIFI trough a Computer to one WAN Port. So in this needed graph, I can quickly see, that the Hotel-WIFI-Feed is blocked (down) and I can  reconect the VPN App on the computer. Can you please implement such a graph (look that example)?

To make it easy, maybee only implement an INBOUND graph from all/each chosen WAN ports?

Thank you in advance for respond.

James

I will move this to the feature request page so that I can continue to collect the vote for this feedback.

So far, you are the only person who showed an expectation of the graph you would like to have. Others did not specify what kind or data they expected to see.

To get the PM and dev officially involved, I will collect some votes before I write an email to request this.

Note that this does not guarantee this feature will be implemented. Based on my knowledge, it could require the CPU to update that frequently or in a millisecond way. It could be demanding for the CPU and may have an effect on the performance. Please bear this in mind.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
RE:Resource Utilization WAN traffic
2024-08-28 14:41:39
Yes please add this, but also add a monthly sum as to keep ISP’s accountable.
Options
2 weeks ago

@A3H 

I am glad I didn't buy a hardware controller before I found out there is no wan statistics. We need that function because more and more providers putting caps on the data and we can't track it . COX stats are so ridiculous and updated after 24 h. What a joke. They automatically add 50Gigs for 10 dollars.  

Options
RE:Resource Utilization WAN traffic
2 weeks ago
great feature to have. competitors have something similar.
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 390

Replies: 6

Voters 10

+ 6 Voters