Webex audio issue

Webex audio issue
Webex audio issue
2024-02-22 22:18:10 - last edited 2024-08-07 01:18:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Hi All!

Interesting case, for me at least... If I connect to webex conference via home network with dedicated application - there's no audio. Video is fine. Both via laptop or mobile.

If (I checked this on mobile) I'll switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data, audio appears even without reconnecting.

If I connect on laptop via browser version to the conference - everything works fine.

No policies on ER605 are applied.

Controller version (software on VM) is the latest  - 5.13.23.

Attack defence settings are all set by default. Tried to disable all - same effect.

If I'll stay on the conference for a longer time for testing (i.e. laptop via Wi-Fi and phone via mobile data on the same call), audio can appear on laptop by itself for example after 20-30 mins. Didn't notice any reason.

Any ideas? What can I check?

Thanks in advance!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Webex audio issue
2024-02-23 01:41:00

Hi @Mirddin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You should check what protocols and what layer your webex device uses.

Either Wireshark and find out the concrete answers to both questions. Or check their support website about if there is anything needed.

BTW, does your WAN get a public IP?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-05 13:03:59

@Clive_A WAN is public, but dynamic (but this should not be an issue).

I don't have any ACLs applied, tcpdump on mac with established webex call shows udp traffic exchange.

Options
2024-03-06 01:14:05

Hi @Mirddin 

So, you probably need to consult this with your Webex support on this issue. What I can tell you is that all Omada routers are NAT4 and NAT type might be a problem for certain instant message software due to the protocols they use.

Refer to a similar post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/657418

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-06 21:57:50

@Clive_A Well, in the end I've installed original ISP's router (Orange Funbox) with configured PPPoE, with disabled Wi-Fi and enabled DHCP. And plugged in TP-Link ER605 into Orange FunBox. On TP-Link WAN was configured as regular DHCP client. And the problem disapperared :(

Options
2024-08-07 01:17:45

Hi @Mirddin 

Mirddin wrote

@Clive_A Well, in the end I've installed original ISP's router (Orange Funbox) with configured PPPoE, with disabled Wi-Fi and enabled DHCP. And plugged in TP-Link ER605 into Orange FunBox. On TP-Link WAN was configured as regular DHCP client. And the problem disapperared :(

I would be very surprised to know this.

First, this creates a double-NAT situation. It would only prove to me that this is not a NAT type issue. Nor IPTV for phone line issue.

It seems to be Internet protocol-based audio. Meaning it is like any other type of traffic. They should be not affected by any function on the router. It should be packed properly in TCP/UDP. So, it is not a problem with the router NAT and other stuff.

These are assumptions on this matter. Which so far no indications leading to the problem originating from the router.

Don't know if you have configured anything special on the ISP router. Or ISP requires to use their device mandatory.

It should be WIreshark to see what's wrong with it if you are still interested in that. Wireshark guide can be found on the official site, FAQ.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 5

Related Articles