Cannot Verify Server Identity The identity of "google.com" cannot be verified.

2024-01-12 18:37:36
Model: OC200   EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36269

The error states "Cannot Verify Server Identity" "The identity of "google.com" cannot be verified." 

This error keeps occuring seemingly at random times, and sometimes back to back. The error occored both on an iPhone 11 and 15. The location is hospitality enviroment where there are three netowrks, one for IoT, Staff and a Guest network with a simple password captive portal. It seems to only happen on the guest network but im not %100 positive. I belive the error started occuring at the last update of the controller. 

Error Message   DetailsMore Details

Options
6 Reply
Re:Cannot Verify Server Identity The identity of "google.com" cannot be verified.
2024-01-15 03:03:56

@nLofy 

TP-Link used the self-signed certificate, tried accessing via HTTP, and using the private window for testing. 

Better to change the DNS manually on the iPhone, change to other public IPs like 8.8.8.8.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Cannot Verify Server Identity The identity of "google.com" cannot be verified.
2024-01-16 18:45:33

@Virgo Is there someting I can change in the controller settings to make it stop? 

Options
2024-01-20 18:14:16

It's taken me awhile to recive this error but it happens on desktop as well.

Desktop issue

Options
2024-03-15 21:55:44

@nLofy I am still looking for possible solutions

Options
2024-03-19 08:50:52

Hi @nLofy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

nLofy wrote

The error states "Cannot Verify Server Identity" "The identity of "google.com" cannot be verified." 

This error keeps occuring seemingly at random times, and sometimes back to back. The error occored both on an iPhone 11 and 15. The location is hospitality enviroment where there are three netowrks, one for IoT, Staff and a Guest network with a simple password captive portal. It seems to only happen on the guest network but im not %100 positive. I belive the error started occuring at the last update of the controller. 

Error Message  

There is nothing you can do to stop it as far as I know.

I met this as well with a different brand of mobile WIFI router.

The problem is that when I lose Internet when I browse or connect to some mail servers, I will see this error message. It can be reproduced very steadily when I lose Internet and they still try to connect to the servers.

So, set an RSSI threshold on your AP and let the AP kick the weak signal devices. This problem should not be repeated that frequently. Recommend -75 dBm.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-30 13:47:24

@nLofy this is on your guest WiFi? Have you tried removing the password requirement? 

We use a captive portal through GoZone WiFi that provides a secure network without the need for a password. It also collects guest information that allows us to use for marketing and guest data analytics. Honestly, the guys there are great and might be able to help you troubleshoot. 

Options