Network offline and down after ER707-M2 V1_1.2.0 Build 20231214 Official Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network offline and down after ER707-M2 V1_1.2.0 Build 20231214 Official Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re: Network offline and down after ER707-M2 V1_1.2.0 Build 20231214 Official Firmware
2024-01-03 10:30:56 - last edited 2024-01-03 10:33:01

@Clive_A 

I took a copy of my site before I started testing for the problem.

it might not help you but this is what my vpn setup looked like when I tried to upgrade.
router did not go into adoption loop but offline after a while. all devices on the lan also lost internet.

after i removed all the OpenVPN connection everything worked as it should. the internet did not go offline and adopted fine onto the controller.

afterwards I could create OpenVPN server and client as usual with no error.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the site with you as it contains a lot of confidential information,

Options
Re: Network offline and down after ER707-M2 V1_1.2.0 Build 20231214 Official Firmware
2024-01-03 11:13:34

@Clive_A 

I move one of the router into one og my backup site to se what happend.. 

Options
2024-01-03 11:28:48 - last edited 2024-01-03 11:30:10

@Clive_A 

OK, thats what happend. this is status of my repaired site before move to old backup of site.

move router to backup of site as it was before this problem

configuring in backupsite.

after 10min everything is down

Now I have to factory reset the router and adopt it again in my site that work,

vpn config, everything is disabled.

Options
2024-01-04 01:22:11

Hi @MR.S 

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

OK, thats what happend. this is status of my repaired site before move to old backup of site.

move router to backup of site as it was before this problem

configuring in backupsite.

after 10min everything is down

Now I have to factory reset the router and adopt it again in my site that work,

vpn config, everything is disabled.

What are you talking about? Is this related to the firmware upgrade? You said you port forward the controller on a router and it enters the offline or adoption loop after the firmware upgrade. I did the test and FAILED to reproduce it.

So, #12 are you suggesting this relates to the VPN setup on your router which may be the cause for the issue after the upgrade to 1.2.0?

I can do a test with OVPN, IPSEC, L2TP and WG, each with 2 entries created. I still take this case with a grain of salt.

What is the reply in #14? Are you suggesting this is a problem with the site migration?

I need this a liner thought from you not jump from one topic to another one. At least make some description.

You are deviating from the topic

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-04 05:43:25

@Clive_A 

yes, I apologize if I have been unclear, these are complicated matters and not so easy to explain.

what I showed in my previous post was only that I can reproduce the problem in the copy of the site I took before I started testing out what the problem is.

And I've found out what the problem is so I don't really need help to solve this anymore, what I'm trying to do now is help tp-link to fix this buggu software so that others don't experience the same thing.

so in short:
I cannot upgrade to version 1.2.0 when I have an OpenVPN server or OpenVPN Client configured in the same site that the ER7076-M2 is adopted into.

and this is the fix for me:

if I delete the OpenVPN Server and OpenVPN client from the site that the ER707-M2 is adopted into, I can upgrade to verion 1.2.0.

Now you have the information you need to fix this yourself. I can't help anymore.

Options
2024-01-04 05:52:12

Hi @MR.S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

yes, I apologize if I have been unclear, these are complicated matters and not so easy to explain.

what I showed in my previous post was only that I can reproduce the problem in the copy of the site I took before I started testing out what the problem is.

And I've found out what the problem is so I don't really need help to solve this anymore, what I'm trying to do now is help tp-link to fix this buggu software so that others don't experience the same thing.

so in short:
I cannot upgrade to version 1.2.0 when I have an OpenVPN server or OpenVPN Client configured in the same site that the ER7076-M2 is adopted into.

and this is the fix for me:

if I delete the OpenVPN Server and OpenVPN client from the site that the ER707-M2 is adopted into, I can upgrade to verion 1.2.0.

Now you have the information you need to fix this yourself. I can't help anymore.

Will test this later on my device downgrading it to 1.1.0 and upgrading to 1.2.0 while having an OVPN server and client on it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-04 08:02:59

@Clive_A 

To confuse even more, I did another test here now. if I deleted all the ipsec site to site tunnels and L2TP tunnels and left only the openvpn tunnels, it also worked.

so figuring out what is my problem can be difficult.

it seems like there is a conflict between ipsec and openvpn.

the strange thing is that I had the same problem on two different sites with different vpn configuration.
on one site all vpn tunnels were also disabled. no active vpn.

Anyway, it might be a good idea to keep an eye on this, because now it looks like I'm the only one having this problem. and I doubt you can reproduce this in your lab.

Options
2024-01-04 08:34:43

Hi @MR.S 

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

To confuse even more, I did another test here now. if I deleted all the ipsec site to site tunnels and L2TP tunnels and left only the openvpn tunnels, it also worked.

so figuring out what is my problem can be difficult.

it seems like there is a conflict between ipsec and openvpn.

the strange thing is that I had the same problem on two different sites with different vpn configuration.
on one site all vpn tunnels were also disabled. no active vpn.

Anyway, it might be a good idea to keep an eye on this, because now it looks like I'm the only one having this problem. and I doubt you can reproduce this in your lab.

[Demo] ER707-M2 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 successful firmware upgrade with OVPN server/client configured

So, here's the video. Doesn't have it reproduced.

Options
2024-01-04 08:51:04

@Clive_A 

I don't think you can reproduce this either. the more i test on this it seems like there is something in conflict with my configuration.

I can reproduce this every time, but unfortunately I can't share any of the sites without breaking 100 different security rules.

it is difficult to find out exactly what it is, each test I take takes 30 minutes. so it is very time-consuming to delete one tunnel at a time to find out who is causing problems.

in any case, there is no doubt that there is a difference between beta version 1.1.1 and the official version 1.2.0

I'll let you know if I find out anything more. it would have been fun to find the problem.

Options
2024-01-04 08:53:02

Hi @MR.S 

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

I don't think you can reproduce this either. the more i test on this it seems like there is something in conflict with my configuration.

I can reproduce this every time, but unfortunately I can't share any of the sites without breaking 100 different security rules.

it is difficult to find out exactly what it is, each test I take takes 30 minutes. so it is very time-consuming to delete one tunnel at a time to find out who is causing problems.

in any case, there is no doubt that there is a difference between beta version 1.1.1 and the official version 1.2.0

I'll let you know if I find out anything more. it would have been fun to find the problem.

It is when you have a lot of parameters. Like the coding. You gotta spend time to code, test, pass or no pass and repeat.

Let me ask the other guy who said he ran into the issue, and see if he can share the backup.

Options
Related Articles