Association failures? How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-28 04:24:09 - last edited 2023-12-29 00:56:31
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Can someone please explain this:

It is an improvement from last week when I had over 3,000 Association Failures.  I changed the ER605 for an ER7206.

But, should I be worried? Is this normal?  How can I see what devices are having problems.

Since (almost) all clients are connecting just fine, the faiures are not obvious.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Association failures? How to fix?
2023-12-29 07:44:11

Hi @SteveMann,

Thanks for reporting this issue in the community.

The error message "Association Timeout" generated may be caused by the client devices entering the wrong password when connecting to the SSID, or packet loss during the wireless association handshake process, for detailed info please refer to here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Association failures? How to fix?
2023-12-29 16:47:00 - last edited 2023-12-29 16:55:22

@Hank21 Thanks for the tip. I suspect it is because of the latter because all of the client devices have the WiFi credentials hard-wired into their code.

I have three EAPs in a 2400 SqFt home/office, all set to low power because they are within about 5 or 6 meters of each other.  They are spread over the 2.4GHz channels. (Not all on the same channel). What I don't understand is why some client devices will connect to the farthest EAP.  For example I have an EAP in my office and a client device two meters away that connects to the basement EAP two floors below and about 12 meters distant.

Almost ALL of my client devices that themselves report RSSI levels are in the mid 70's.  I should add that all of my client devices are on 2.4GHz.  There is no 5GHz option on any of them.

If I could identify which of my client devices is having problems connecting then I could look at a few remedies at the device level.

Any tips to finding which client device is having issues connecting would be appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 2

Related Articles