TP-Link LS1005G switch locking desktop speed at 100mbps. Changing adapter speed won't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link LS1005G switch locking desktop speed at 100mbps. Changing adapter speed won't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 02:02:54 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:27:03
Model: LS1005G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I bought a TP-Link LS1005G switch to connect a router providing me WiFi and my desktop computer. Lately i've been having an issue where my desktop speed locks at 100mbps and i don't know why, sometimes i disconnect the switch and connect it again and gives me my full speed which is 530mbps (optic fiber internet). I really don't understand why this happens most of the time, nor under what conditions it locks it. I've tried changing my network adapter speed to 1 Gbps but this only causes the light on the switch where i have my desktop connected to start blinking and then never turn on again, so i have to switch it back to auto-negotiate so i can have internet.

i appreciate if you can help me find a solution for this.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link LS1005G switch locking desktop speed at 100mbps. Changing adapter speed won't work-Solution
2023-12-15 02:27:00 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:27:03

Hi @nicolass03 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Solution is to swap a different good Ethernet cable.

Sometimes the switch thinks the cable is bad and it degrades to 100Mbps. This happened before.

Don't have anything to fix it but use a good cable. Don't bend it. Make sure the cable is under 100 meters. The switch is too sensitive to the cable quality.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link LS1005G switch locking desktop speed at 100mbps. Changing adapter speed won't work-Solution
2023-12-15 02:27:00 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:27:03

Hi @nicolass03 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Solution is to swap a different good Ethernet cable.

Sometimes the switch thinks the cable is bad and it degrades to 100Mbps. This happened before.

Don't have anything to fix it but use a good cable. Don't bend it. Make sure the cable is under 100 meters. The switch is too sensitive to the cable quality.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link LS1005G switch locking desktop speed at 100mbps. Changing adapter speed won't work
2023-12-17 01:55:01

@Clive_A I know the cable might be the issue, but i have a pretty good cable, supports up to 1 gb/s so i really don't understand which cable should i use. Also its not twisted or there is nothing causing it to choke or something like that. I might try with another cable, thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 930

Replies: 2

Related Articles