ER605 Drops/Blocks client internet connection for some seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-05 10:48:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I've a fresh network setup including following components:

• Router: ER605
  • Switch: TL-SG2428P v5.0
  • Controller: OC200
  • Access points: EAP653(EU) v1.0

There are no customized network adjustments so far. DHCP is enabled on ER605 as by default when adopting router in OC200 and all clients are running in default LAN or configured WLAN. That's all, all other settings are default.

From time to time - especially when client freshly reconnects to network - ER605 is blocking some outgoing internet connections. In this time I'm not able to ping 8.8.8.8 anymore on this client, whereby pinging the gateway works fine. Also in same time other clients do not have any problems pinging 8.8.8.8. After some seconds/sometimes minutes, the internet connection is back and working fine. As I do not have the same behavior at the same time on all clients, I can exclude that it is a general WAN problem. It is also not explicitly LAN or WLAN related, as I have the problems sometimes on LAN and sometimes on WLAN.

It also seems that as longer as the client is connected to the network, the internet connection is getting more stable and there are less disconnections. The disconnections happen from time to time, there is no real pattern when it happens. Just what is suspicious is, that when I start my gaming PC (connected via LAN), start COD, the first 4-5 times when he tries to find a lobby the disconnect appears. But only when he tries to connect to a lobby, all other connections before that and after that are fine. In this case I have to restart the game, give it another try and after try number 4 or 5 all is fine and the connection is stable. This behavior is reproducible every day.

I have the same connection problems when using DHCP or static IP, there is no difference.

As soon as I remove ER605 from my setup and replace it with some other (quite old 100 Mbit) router, everything is fine and no disconnections at all.

I did not find any helpful log entry at all.

Any suggestions what the problem could be? Any hints what I could check else?

Thanks a lot for you help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 Drops/Blocks client internet connection for some seconds
2023-12-05 14:03:16

@SusP 

Since this is happening on the Wireless and Wired, I would a few things:

Upgrade to 2.1.5 and retest:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/634790

Does the controller alert logs show anything during these outages?

This sounds like Spanning Tree maybe firing off on your switch.  Go into the controller, goto the advance settings, and turn off loop back protection and enable STP.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options