Votes

{Request} To include hardware controllers in the Scheduled Reboot option under Settings > Services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

{Request} To include hardware controllers in the Scheduled Reboot option under Settings > Services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 10:34:04
Tags: #controller
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

Hi Team,

Can I request for the OC200/OC300 hardware controllers to have their own scheduled reboot option? It would be nice to have this as sometimes the controllers might froze after a few weeks of operation, and manual reboot via the controller page is not possible. It's also a great option if we can include the controller as part of the device that can be selected for a scheduled reboot in the Omada Settings > Services page.

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:{Request} To include hardware controllers in the Scheduled Reboot option under Settings > Services
2023-10-07 02:37:46

@Zack_Amin 

You can configure reboot schedule just like this :

Service-Reboot Schedule-Create New Reboot Schedule.

Here you can freely select the device that needs to be rebooted.

Options
Re:{Request} To include hardware controllers in the Scheduled Reboot option under Settings > Services
2023-10-09 03:46:22

@ddtt1024 Hi I think you misunderstood the question.

I am referring to hardware controllers, not other Omada capable devices like switches and EAPs. The hardware controllers does not appear under the devices list in Scheduled Reboot option.

Options
2023-10-10 02:38:33

Hi @Zack_Amin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, I don't think that might be possible. As a workaround, you can use a smart plug to reboot it remotely.

Since the V3 Controller was introduced, there is never an option to reboot the controller. As a core device, this feature is not that safe. The controller is based on Linux if I don't remember it wrong, it's solid to be running all the time. You don't have to reboot it that much.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

controller