ER8411v1 Update from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0 controlled mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 15:52:38
Tags: #Firmware Update #ER8411
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hallo zusammen,

ich möchte gerne meinen ER8411 von der Firmware 1.0.3 auf die 1.1.0 upgraden.

Der ER8411 ist im controlled mode.

Leider kann man das Upgrade nur im standalone mode durchführen.

Wie stelle ich das am besten an?

Muss ich den ER8411 aus dem OC300 löschen?

Funktioniert es evtl. über die Console mit USB-Stick?

Hoffe mir kann jemand helfen?

Liebe Grüße
Tim

--------------------------------------

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade my ER8411 from firmware 1.0.3 to 1.1.0. The ER8411 is in controlled mode.

Unfortunately the upgrade can only be done in standalone mode.

What is the best way to do this?

Do I have to delete the ER8411 from the OC300?

Does it work possibly over the console with USB stick?

Hope someone can help me?

Kind regards
Tim

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER8411v1 Update from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0 controlled mode
2023-08-22 02:13:01

Hi @Tpexe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Hope this link can be helpful in answering your question.

How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-22 03:32:02

@Clive_A 

I have also already found the instructions. Unfortunately this does not help. The update is too large to transfer it in controlled mode via the OC300 to the ER8411. This is even a note in the readme of the update.

Thx

Options
2023-08-22 05:35:01

Hi @Tpexe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If the manual upgrade isn't available. Have you tried to use the Controller to upgrade? It can sync with the server and upgrade your router online.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-22 07:32:16

Hi @Clive_A,

The following information is available in the release notes:

1. Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
2. The above firmware is partly adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.8.
3. The firmware file mentioned above is too large to be upgraded on Omada Hardware Controllers OC200/OC300 v5.9 or earlier versions. However, you can choose to upgrade the firmware in Standalone mode. Controllers v5.11 and later versions will optimize this process.

I have the controller version: 5.9.32.
Update is not known to me.

Options
2023-08-22 08:39:36

Hi @Tpexe 

If you don't mind, you can reset it and login in standalone mode, then upgrade the firmware. Don't forget your router from the controller. Then you can readopt it after the firmware upgrade. Config would not be lost. This, as a temporary workaround.

Options