Omada controlled TL-SG3428X DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 03:42:41
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I have the TL-SG3428X switch configured in software Omada controller and configured VLan 999 and set the DHCP enabled with scope that I want to use.  I have then applied to use this on a switch port.  I also have a trunk port with an EAP connected and the SSID mapped to the VLAN.  When connecting either a PC or WLan, I don't get an IP Address.

To get this working, I go to the switch under devices, then select config, VLAN Interfaces and then enable VLAN 999.  I then click the edit icon, and enable the DHCP, though it says 'range', only a single IP and mask is allowed.  Doesn't matter what I put here, the first reservation is .1, which isn't what I want.  

Is there a correct way to configure DHCP?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada controlled TL-SG3428X DHCP
2023-08-02 06:31:06 - last edited 2023-08-02 06:44:31

Hi @Shane_M 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In Controller mode, create a VLAN first. Click your switch, go to Config > VLAN Interface, and set it up there.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-02 06:40:36

Thanks @Clive_A 

I have access to the console via the console port, but when entering the enable-admin mode, it says it's not able to due to "Operation fail. This command can't work in controller mode.".

How is SSH enabled via the controller, or is it better not to manage the switch via Omada? 

Thanks.

Options
2023-08-02 06:47:23

Hi @Shane_M 

Please see my previous post which I edited a little bit. I can set the DHCP Range from 10.0.0.2/24 which you can see it in my previous post.

If you want to modify the parameters on the switch, you can go to CLI and do that. Enable SSH by this:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-02 07:25:04

Thanks @Clive_A 

I'm a bit confused now, as I have SSH access, but still unable to enter commands as managed by controller.

In the first response, where you detail the DHCP config under the switch VLan interface, this is what I ended up doing and seemed to work, except setting the scope you can't say only xx.xx.xx.50 -> 100. It starts at .1 and goes from there.  So seems limited, where under the VLan definition which is for gateways you can say start at 50 and end at 100.

Options
2023-08-02 07:35:37 - last edited 2023-08-02 07:52:11

Hi @Shane_M 

From the CLI guide, it shows that other privileges can also use the DHCP lines. Have you tried these lines without enabling the admin?

The Gateway VLAN interface is not the same as the switch. Switch is separated from the VLAN interface from the gateway.

Supposedly, when you log into it with the device account, it should gain admin privileges.

If you can successfully enter it, you should find this exclude ip range command to exclude IPs.

Options