Votes

Enable Spanning tree configurations from within the UI in Omada Controller Software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Enable Spanning tree configurations from within the UI in Omada Controller Software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 20:24:25 - last edited 2023-10-17 02:55:57
Tags: #STP
Model: TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2

Hi all,

Would it be possible to get spanning tree configuration support enabled within the UI of omada controller?

At present i am using version 5.9.31 and while I can enable STP on the indivudal ports, I need to be able to configure spanning-tree portfast and spanning-tree bpduguard on my edge end user ports. This is so I can suppprt PXE booting as this notoriously does not play well with ports that aren't portfast with STP enabled. BPDU Guard enabled for security purposes in the event a user decided to plug in another switch etc.

While this can be configured from within the CLI in a standalone cconfig as below

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/configuring_spanning_tree/?configurationId=18218#using_the_cli_2_2

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/configuring_spanning_tree/?configurationId=18218#using_the_cli_4_2

It would be appreciated if this configuration can be enabled whilst in controller mode, otherwise we cannot manage these switches via the Controller.

Having a drop down box appear where settings can be select to be enabled would be appreciated for the time being - or being able to create an STP profile separately that we can then attach to the STP config of a port would also be ok.

Current configuration element for STP

Many thanks,

Aaron

Options
3 Reply
Re:Enable Spanning tree configurations from within the UI in Omada Controller Software
2023-07-20 01:52:49

Hi @AaronN 

Thanks for your valuable feedback and post here. This request has been forwarded to the developer team for further evaluation.

As a reminder, any request will be evaluated by our developer team before it is officially added to the roadmap. That may take some time before you see a release with this feature.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
RE:Enable Spanning tree configurations from within the UI in Omada Controller Software
2023-10-15 01:40:22
I too would like to see portfast. I would also like to see MSTP for better resilience with VLANs. As Omada and Omada equipment is oriented towards business, I would expect to see this as an option on business grade switches. Thanks.
Options
RE:Enable Spanning tree configurations from within the UI in Omada Controller Software
2023-11-01 07:21:55
I was also quite surprised with the lack of any aggregation that makes use of multiple links/chassis (i.e. MLAG/Switch Stacking, MSTP, etc.) Thank you for bringing jumbo frames and I hope more features available in standalone mode will also be prioritized for controller mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 785

Replies: 3

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters

Tags

STP