Disconnected router but active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disconnected router but active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Disconnected router but active
2023-07-12 09:22:58

@MR.S 

Unfortunately, ssh is disabled, but I have just discovered that I setup, and forgot about it, an automatic daily reboot.

So assuming the reboot happens every day, rebooting is not working :(

Options
2023-07-12 09:28:14

@Birillo 

Ok, yes then a hard reboot is probably the only solution.
if the router is offline, rebooting from the controller will not work either, the router must be online with the controller.

Then unfortunately I can't help you.

I hope tp-link puts in a reboot command on the router in the future, either via ssh or via the web interface.

Options
2023-07-12 09:39:56

@Birillo 

if you have a router in a fairly remote location, I recommend the tp-link tapo P115 power plug.
it requires you to have internet but it has the option to turn on after a number of minutes.

so when I have a problem I set it to turn on after 1 min. then I turn off the device. the clock runs even if the internet is gone and it turns the power back on after 1 min.

it can also be programmed to turn on and off daily or weekly..
just a tip. a cheap device worth its weight in gold :-)

Options
2023-07-13 01:54:34

@MR.S 

true! true!

i set my router with a reboot schedule and I left it there and never touched it anymore. in addition, I got a smart plug as well in case I need to reboot it. tho it is connected to the wifi and internet from the router, but I can make a timer and it boots up after 3 minutes. that's gold.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-07-15 06:27:00 - last edited 2023-07-15 07:11:17

Hi  @MR.S 

I managed to send someone to switch off and back on the router together.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

I can remotely access the network via VPN (configured in Omada), but in the controller, it still appears as disconnected.

Do you have any idea of what else I check and how I can reconnect it, please?

Note, that i managed to connect via ssh if this could help

Thank you

Options
2023-07-15 09:24:23

@Birillo 

Birillo wrote

Hi  @MR.S 

I managed to send someone to switch off and back on the router together.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

I can remotely access the network via VPN (configured in Omada), but in the controller, it still appears as disconnected.

Do you have any idea of what else I check and how I can reconnect it, please?

Note, that i managed to connect via ssh if this could help

Thank you

I have no idea what happened to your router.

the only thing I thought about is if there are any DNS problems, you probably have a dynamic IP and something has happened on the remote router's DNS server so that it cannot find the controller. to fix the problem you have to take a forget and readopt router when you get the chance.

I have done that many times and it is a relatively simple process, the problem is that you have to be physically at the router to enter the controller info.

Options
2023-07-15 09:24:32

@Birillo 

SSH, there are very few commands but ask TP-Link if there are any commands that can help you with this problem.

Options
2023-07-15 09:24:45

@Birillo 

SSH, there are very few commands but ask TP-Link if there are any commands that can help you with this problem.

Options
Related Articles