Votes

VPN toggle in the Omada mobile app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 14:35:34 - last edited 2023-07-10 14:38:06
Tags: #vpn
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

It would be a very nice feature to add a toggle option for VPN connections in the Omada mobile app.

Use case: I have two Apple TVs that need or don't need to be connected to a remote OpenVPN server. I just set it all up in the VPN policy page with a Client to Site connection and it works! But I only need the VPN connection to be established in certain use cases, most of the time it doesn't have to be connected. But when I do, it would be extremely nice to just have a toggle button in the Omada mobile app just for that. You can just make a option 'VPN Settings' in the main menu where you will find your VPN connections.

Now I constantly have to go to the Omada website GUI and change it from there.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN toggle in the Omada mobile app
2023-07-11 01:47:18

@Saekerhett 

tbh, this is a very home-use feature. making the app to have the ability to control so many features, this pops up some images of the home router app I've used. 

imho, this seems to be a very late feature or never considered due to its lack of profession as a business router. you should look forward to having this on a home router instead of on a wired business router. 

I've used cisco but not the app. not sure cisco app can do that but really seems unprofessional. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
RE:VPN toggle in the Omada mobile app
2023-08-07 11:21:25
+1
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 302

Replies: 2

Voters 3

Tags

vpn