Troubleshooting Persistent, Periodic Alert Notifications on Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 05:00:59

I am currently encountering a very peculiar issue within my Omada network and could use some assistance in diagnosing and resolving it. My network consists of the following devices:

Internet -- Router ER605 V2

|- Omada running on a Windows TinyPC

|- EAP225 Outdoor v1, adapter-PoE

|- Switch TL-SG2008P v1

|-EAP225 v3, port-PoE

|-EAP225 v3, port-PoE

|-EAP245 v3, port-PoE

|-EAP245 v3, port-PoE

In total, my Omada software manages 7 devices including the router, the switch, and five wireless access points. All of these devices are updated with the latest firmware versions.

The issue I'm encountering is as follows: Every 1 hour, 20 minutes, and 28-31 seconds, Omada's Alerts section reports that all or some of these 7 devices have disconnected (i.e., "xx-yy-zz-11-22-33 was disconnected"). However, despite these alerts, I have not noticed any disruptions in my network connections. As far as I can tell, the devices are maintaining their connections.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting measures, but none have resolved the issue:

1. Replaced the router.
  2. Opened the necessary ports on the TinyPC Firewall for Omada.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance on additional steps I can take to resolve this recurring alert issue, as the devices seem to function correctly despite these notifications. Thanks in advance for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re: Troubleshooting Persistent, Periodic Alert Notifications on Omada
2023-05-22 07:46:04

Hello @WesWalker,

May I know the specific firmware version of your controller and the Omada gateway?

Does this issue start to happen after firmware upgrades or any settings change?

Did you install the software controller in the docker?

How long has this problem lasted so far?

If you reboot the controller, can this issue disappear?

Please check if there is a cable issue within your network environment.

Please also share a screenshot of these logs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles