Heatmiser NeoHub & ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Heatmiser NeoHub & ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Heatmiser NeoHub & ER605
Heatmiser NeoHub & ER605
2023-05-18 18:09:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've just had my home heating replaced and it comes with a Heatmiser control system.  The NeoHub is meant to be plug and play (hub into ISP box, app on phone, press button on box and pair) giving you access to tablet control of the back end.

There is a warning about not plugging the hub in via a switch.  I've plugged it into the ER605.

The hub shows in the Omada Controller as 192.168.0.X.

I've got a couple of TP EAPs and three wireless networks all going back to their own VLAN (.2, .10 and .20).

So, I think the issue is the hub (on .0) not seeing the tablets/phones with the app (on .2).

I've tried but seemingly failed to assign the hub to a static IP on 192.168.2.200 so it can 'see' my wireless devices.  Do I need a managed switch for this ??

You can probably tell I'm not a network person so all assistance appreciate folks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Heatmiser NeoHub & ER605
2023-05-18 22:52:48

@BruntiMan 

Hey

Yeah this is likely you issue indeed, namely the devices being on different subnets.   What you have setup with .0 .2 .10 etc isnt actually VLANs, its more just different IP address pools, to have VLANs you require a managed switch (or one capable of VLANs)

Forcing the IP, that was my first option for you but its dubious if it would work tbh..    You may be better if you can log into the device directly via the .0.x address and manually set it for 192.168.2.200 as you require, that would over-write the auto and should work, in theory anyways.

Ideally, you should be running a managed switch for what you are trying to achieve. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 1

Related Articles