ER605 stuck in adopting mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 14:34:45 - last edited 2023-08-31 05:33:38
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

It seems I just hit this problem with my ER605 v1 being stuck in Adopting. I have no remote availability now to reboot it now or to upgrade or downgrade its firmware which is currently v1.2.3. Though I doubt that would even be an option if it's in Adopting mode.

I've never had this happen before until this firmware version which I upgraded to after its initial release. While we have internet connectivity I've lost any remote connectivity to it (which is how I actually found this problem) as none of the port forwarding settings are working. I'll have to physically power it off/on and hopefully it re-adopts properly where I can then think about downgrading to one of the previous versions I've used which didn't have this issue.

[-Update-]: I've powered it off and on but it still shows Adopting and I still have no remote connectivity as the port forwarding settings continue not to work. What do I do now? This has turned into an emergency support ticket now as none of our services are working now (MS Exchange). I can't even login to the device directly because it says it's managed by the Omada Controller (v5.9.31[).

[-Update 2-]: There may be deeper problems. I just discovered that after resetting the device to factory and re-adopting in Omada with the exact same configuration also resolved my problem where I couldn't connect to one of my devices externally. I'll have to keep an eye on whether this too reappears in the future with this firmware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 stuck in adopting mode
2023-05-07 14:52:58

@yorkman 

Did you portforward TCP/29814?

Options
2023-05-07 15:58:42

@shberge Yes. I should've mentioned that. Besides, I even tried turning off my firewall for a moment. In the end, I had to factory reset it and am back up and running. For how long before the problem reappears remains to be known. When it does, I'll report the problem again on this forum and will downgrade to an older firmware until this issue is resolved.

Options
2023-08-30 20:27:00 - last edited 2023-08-31 05:33:38

@yorkman I had a similar problem. After updating ER605 via Omada controller, all devices remain in the state Adopting. When selecting Adopt for ER605, the adopt fails over and over again: “tp-link ER605 adoption failed because the device does not respond to adopt command”. Factory reset of ER605 didn't help. Due to a lucky shot, I found out that disconnecting one of the ethernet cables on one of the connected switches (which was not visible in the client list of the upgraded ER605) made everything going. This looks like some kind of IP-conflict in the network, which I do not fully understand, but the solution seems to be to directly connect controller and pc to ER605 and disconnect al other devices when upgrading the router. Although very weared and far from ideal, hope this helps others to safe a lot of time.

Options
2023-08-31 05:37:29

Hi @MAHV 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you say so, then your original network should not be the default 192.168.0.1.

Reconnecting the cable actually refreshes the IP address. Have you monitored your IP address during that period?

I frequently change my subnet and test and I don't run into the issue. You should pay attention to what IP address you actually get if you use a software controller. If the IP is not valid, then the command is not effective to adopt or control.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1862

Replies: 4

Related Articles