EAP650-Outdoor doesn't support AI WLAN Optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-02 10:34:26
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I'm running controller version 5.9.31.  I just replaced an EAP225-Outdoor with an EAP650-Outdoor which apparently doesn't support AI WLAN Optimization due to a firmware issue.  How can this be with a brand new device when it was fully supported on the much older EAP225-Outdoor and my indoor EAP650s???

This AP is running 1.0.2 Build 20221019 Rel. 64256 and there is no other firmware available via the controller or on the TP-Link site.

4f1a6cc9f4ce4728b3f25db8c019ce55

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP650-Outdoor doesn't support AI WLAN Optimization
2023-06-28 09:00:38

@SingletrackMind 

Hi, it shows it doesn't support Power Optimization but it doesn't mean not support AI WLAN Optimization either, as I see.

Tried to uncheck the Power Optimization option and test it again.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP650-Outdoor doesn't support AI WLAN Optimization
2023-06-28 10:22:15

@Virgo 

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't really answer my question of why power optimization still isn't support for this model.  As for turning off power optimization to utilize WLAN optimization, that sorta defeats the purpose.  I'm perfectly capable of manually choosing the best channels in my home.  Like most people, I can "see" signals from my neighbors using tools like NetSpot making it relatively easy for me to manually optimize the channel usage myself...particularly on the 2.4Ghz radio which only has 3 useful channels to pick from anyway and I happen to have 3 APs in my house.  What isn't so easy is power optimization.  This is something that really requires the APs sensing the signal from one another.

Options