The question of traffic generation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-14 22:42:38
Hello. I have such a question, we have weak Internet in our office (about 30mbps) There are 2 main computers 192.168.0.5 and 0.6 (gateway 0.1 R605v2) And a lot of computers and smartphones (about 20 in total) in the local network in the range of 0.50-0.100 Should be given unlimited access in the local network to the main computers and reduced Internet access for the range of 0.50-0.100. For the main computers, too, cut but with a different indication.How to implement it correctly step by step? Controller OC200v1
Options
3 Reply
Re:The question of traffic generation
2023-01-15 21:27:19

@mur77 

Assuming you have all the correct hardware (Router, Switch, APs and controller) then this video may be of use to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i17jvrIjD0

Setup 2x VLANs, one for the PCs and other for the Phones, apply the Phones vlan to the AP SSID.  

Then just a matter of applying a traffic control or speed restriction to the Phones VLAN

Options
2023-01-16 07:04:38

@Philbert

Thanks. This option is good. I will try. The only note is, the more settings, the more problems with problems. Sometimes they happen when updating firmware, for example. When only a full cut will help. I was hoping that I would do without VLAN
Options
2023-01-16 10:11:01

@mur77 

VLANs with speed filtering is likely the most basic of configurations so you shouldnt have any issues with firmware updates. 

I have a lot of Omada setups that I support and in fairness firmwares are usually solid, 99% of times never any issues.

You could do it without VLANs by applying a filter to the entire 192.168.x.x  range, then manually exclude the two PCs you dont want filtered.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 3

Related Articles