SG2008P DHCP woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SG2008P DHCP woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SG2008P DHCP woes
SG2008P DHCP woes
2022-12-20 17:53:30
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20220909 Rel.75248

My SG2008P DHCP server sometimes hands out the wrong IP address.  All of the IPs on my network are assigned reserved addresses by MAC address.  Sometimes, the DHCP server ignores this and assigns an IP address from the free pool instead of the reserved address.

I have seen this problem with both firmware 3.0 and 3.0.2.  These are the only firmware available for download on the TP-Link site.  Someone one Reddit suggested downloading to an earlier firmware may fix this.  Anybody have an earlier firmware file available?

Anybody else seeing this problem? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:SG2008P DHCP woes
2022-12-21 06:18:16

Dear @hspindel 

hspindel wrote

My SG2008P DHCP server sometimes hands out the wrong IP address.  All of the IPs on my network are assigned reserved addresses by MAC address.  Sometimes, the DHCP server ignores this and assigns an IP address from the free pool instead of the reserved address.

I have seen this problem with both firmware 3.0 and 3.0.2.  These are the only firmware available for download on the TP-Link site.  Someone one Reddit suggested downloading to an earlier firmware may fix this.  Anybody have an earlier firmware file available?

Anybody else seeing this problem? 

3.0.0 is already the earliest firmware for this switch. 

For the DHCP issue, please try to change Ping Packets to 0 in web interface: 

Our senior engineer has received your feedback on the issue, they will continue to follow up with your case. 

If you already have a Ticket with our support team, once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-12-21 08:54:33 - last edited 2022-12-21 09:02:03

I set the ping packets to zero, as suggested.

I will be testing this overnight.

Options
2022-12-22 07:21:23

@hspindel I have been running for over 24 hours now without seeing a DHCP issue.  For anyone else reading this, setting "ping packets" to zero appears to be the fix.

Options