WAN drops every hour exactly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 00:57:00
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi All, setting up a Omada network (ER7206, 3x EAP225, Software controller) and getting this issue where my WAN connection drops for about 10 seconds, every hour exactly.

I'm assuming this is some kind of WAN DHCP lease time issue but I can't see any option in the ER7206 config to change that.

I have it set to Dynamic IP and pretty much everything else is disabled.

The ER7206 is directly connected to a Nokia ONT that connects to the fiber line.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:WAN drops every hour exactly
2022-10-10 12:10:27

@fourspoons 

Suggest that you connect the PC directly to the front Nokia ONT for a few hours to see if the connection drops as well?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-11 00:24:13 - last edited 2022-10-11 01:04:33

@Virgo It does not. I do only get 1 hour DHCP leases from the ISP but it always renews successfully and doesn't drop the connection. I also used a different router from Netgear and it didn't dropout every hour, only the TP-link exhibits the connection dropping.

Options
2022-10-11 07:06:36

@fourspoons 

Is the Nokia ONT connected to the front of the ER7206 a pure modem or a modem router?
I'm wondering how you determined that the gateway drops 10s every hour?

How did you test that?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-11 13:18:32 - last edited 2022-10-11 13:19:00

@Virgo Hi, yes the ONT is a pure modem, it has no interface and doesn't do any routing functions at all.

This is what I see in the logs of the tp-link router. All the devices on the network loose internet for about 10 seconds every time this happens.

Options
2022-10-12 08:08:55

Dear @fourspoons ,

fourspoons wrote

Hi, yes the ONT is a pure modem, it has no interface and doesn't do any routing functions at all.

This is what I see in the logs of the tp-link router. All the devices on the network loose internet for about 10 seconds every time this happens.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue.

The ticket ID is TKID221015218, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-12 17:53:53

@fourspoons well..the dhcp lease time is one hour.. then it is working as expected.. this is probably because your ISP has issues..the router should not ignore the lease time. 

Options
2022-10-13 01:53:10

@crrodriguez Should it drop the connection every time the lease renews? I have two other routers that don't do that and of course the ISP supplied router doesn't do that when connected to the same ONT...

Options
2022-10-13 14:09:53

@fourspoons if the IP address information changes..YES. otherwise NO.

Options
2022-10-17 13:05:19

@crrodriguez I would agree but that is not what's happening. The IP address never changes and I get 10 seconds downtime every time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1098

Replies: 9

Related Articles