VIGI NVR1008H doesn't connect to camera feed after a power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 11:19:37 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 220823

Hi,

In my current setup, TPLINK Tapo and other IP Cameras are in different electric zone. Assuming NVR has power backup but there is a power outage and the IP camera goes offline for some time and returns back online. NVR doesn't automatically fetch the feed. It just shows no feed from the camera or camera offline.

To get the camera feed working I'll have to restart the NVR. Has one else faced this issue? Can anyone from TP-Link come up with a fix to add the retry mechanism?

Options
6 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR1008H doesn't connect to camera feed after a power failure
2022-09-30 08:13:26 - last edited 2 weeks ago

aashishvanand wrote

Hi,

In my current setup, TPLINK Tapo and other IP Cameras are in different electric zone. Assuming NVR has power backup but there is a power outage and the IP camera goes offline for some time and returns back online. NVR doesn't automatically fetch the feed. It just shows no feed from the camera or camera offline.

To get the camera feed working I'll have to restart the NVR. Has one else faced this issue? Can anyone from TP-Link come up with a fix to add the retry mechanism?

Dear  @aashishvanand

May I have the model number of your Tapo cameras and other IP cameras?

Could you please run a simple test: unplug one of the Taop camera from the power manually, and plug back in. Then check if it will come back on the NVR. 

If the issue also happens on the test Tapo camera, I will escalte your case and consult your case with our high level engineers. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-01 07:58:12 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @Hank21,

I ran your simple test, and after reboot, the camera feed doesn't come back online automatically. Once the connection is lost unless I reboot the NVR it doesn't work.

I have the following camera

Make Model
TP-Link Tapo C310
TP-Link Tapo C100
TP-Link Tapo C200
Hikvision DS-2CD202WF-I

All of them support ONVIF out of the box. After the reboot, the camera is reachable in their respective app. All these cameras have a static IP configured. 

Options
2022-10-06 11:23:35 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Dear @aashishvanand 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID221006851, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-11-18 23:31:32 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@aashishvanand Absolutely this!

Same issue here.

Did you ever get a fix?

Options
2023-01-19 03:12:54 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

or anyone with expertise...

I have 4 Dahua cameras, all of which are working on my network and have got them presenting images to iSpy - all working well.

I just bought a TP-Link 16 CHannel NVR1016H VIGI.  got it all set up and working and yet only onw camera is discovered and operating.

I simply cannot get the other 3 to discover nor can i add them manually with IP address and creds.

any help anyone ??

Options
2023-01-25 07:12:43 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Dear @bobjob 

bobjob wrote

@Hank21 

or anyone with expertise...

I have 4 Dahua cameras, all of which are working on my network and have got them presenting images to iSpy - all working well.

I just bought a TP-Link 16 CHannel NVR1016H VIGI.  got it all set up and working and yet only onw camera is discovered and operating.

I simply cannot get the other 3 to discover nor can i add them manually with IP address and creds.

any help anyone ??

What is the model number of your Dahua cameras? Are they all the same model?

On the NVR1016HSettings->System->System Configuration->Diagnostic Tool, there is a Ping test tool.

Please try to ping your cameras IP from the NVR.

If you cannot ping to the camera, you may need to check the network conneciton, maybe the router/switch block the data traffic. 

Options