AP Isolation not seeming to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 08:24:21
Tags: #Privacy
Model: CPE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TE7CPE220V3

I have set up my CPE220 and enabled IP Isolation, as I do not wish those connected to see shared folders on my main network.

But, once I connected a notebook to the CPE, it could still see the shares on the main network.

Does the IP isolation only apply to those connected to the CPE, i.e to each other?

Or is there some other way to stop those connected to see shares on the main, primarily wired network?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP Isolation not seeming to work
2022-09-09 07:17:22

@Jimboboy 

Jimboboy wrote

Does the IP isolation only apply to those connected to the CPE, i.e to each other?

Yes, I think so.Check this:

As for your needs, you can think about the VLAN or ACL settings on the gateway or on the switch.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:AP Isolation not seeming to work
2022-09-09 23:49:23

@Virgo thanks for your suggestion. I have ordered a switch with vlan settings (my current ones don't have this) and hopefully the ability to separate lans will make it work as I hoped. I found a site which gives some idea on how to do this, but not allowed to show links here.

Will reply again once I have received and set up the switch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 2

Tags

Privacy
Related Articles