No DHCP with VLAN enabled over WLAN Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-02 00:51:06
Tags: #VLAN Setup

Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem with a new network I'm setting up at home.

It consists of an ER605, OC200, TL-SG2210P plus at this stage one EAP225 outdoor.

I currently have one home LAN with a second VLAN guest network. Everything works perfectly over ethernet with assigned IPs etc all landing in the ranges they should as per my original setup. The issue I have is when it comes to the two wireless SSID networks. I have one hidden network I intend to link to my main home network and another guest SSID which should be linked to the second guest VLAN. With each SSID linked to the appropriate VLANID neither network provides an IP and devices end up assigning their own IP address. As soon as I remove the VLANID on the SSID it all works properly, except for the guest SSID which assigns an IP on the main network(not what I want).

Can anyone give any insight into what I'm doing wrong here with the setup? I'm a newbie with this type of thing and am learning alot on the fly.

Any help much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:No DHCP with VLAN enabled over WLAN Network
2022-09-02 05:51:09 - last edited 2022-09-02 05:51:55

@98346 

What Profile did you choose for the switch port (that connected to the EAP)? Remember it must be "All" profile. You can't just choose the wireless VLAN profile for the switch port.

Options