Equipment is without internet sometimes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 21:01:41
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Goodnight,

I have a network with 7 access points, 4 EAP 225, 2 EAP115, 1 EAP245 and OC 200 controller.

During the day and in different access points, my devices are without internet for 15 seconds and then return automatically... they remain connected and with IP but they are without internet...

I did a test and reset all Access Point and I'm managing them individually without the controller but the problem persists.....

This is an old problem on my network, I've done a thousand and one configuration and the problem persists....

The access points are installed in an isolated hose factory in my city, with no other wireless networks nearby...

Has anyone had this problem?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Equipment is without internet sometimes
2022-06-21 22:09:43

@JacksonC 

Reading you post my gut feeling is this isn't the APs that are causing the issue.  Have you ruled out any switching or router issues?

If I was in your scenario I would have a few devices on different APs pinging local and internet addresses 24/7 to see if any of them drop out, if so what AP and is does it happen to ALL APs at the same time?   Is local network connectivity still possible during the outage and does local or remote pings still resolve?   

From experience, this smells to me as a routing / switching issue and not something AP related, especially as you mention it hold DHCP lease and don't mention any reconnecting of the wifi connection.   You would be best to start looking into the LAN before going WiFi on this one

Options
2022-06-22 07:57:35

@JacksonC What is the distance between your EAPs? If they are very close to each other, you need to change the wireless channels to prevent the interference from each other.

For example EAP1 with 2.4Ghz channel 1, 5Ghz channel 36; EAP2 with 2.4Ghz channel 6, 5Ghz channel  etc..

Options
2022-06-27 19:15:37

@Philbert  Okay, computers that are connected by cable don't have this problem but they have a Fixed IP... I removed the fixed IP on a computer to see if it has problems. Regarding the APS, the disconnection is shown in all APS

Options
2022-06-27 19:17:18

@Somnus  I've already left the level at the minimum in all APs even having a considerable distance between them and the problem persists, strangely, sometimes it stays one, two days without problems.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 4

Related Articles